Dog had a wart on thigh, now it appears to be a bump? Should I worry?

Old November 28th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Cartrivision1

Default Dog had a wart on thigh, now it appears to be a bump? Should I worry?

Hi, my 13 year old male dachshund got a wart on his rear thigh area a
couple months back. It appeared to be just a run of the mill wart and
it seemed to have healed and it looked like the hair around the area
was starting to grow back over it. It was kinda slow to heal as it was
seeping after I lightly squeezed it a couple times.

I was looking at the area last night and now it appears that in the
last few days or so he has a dark colored bump, which looks like a
boil. I first thought it was probably just infected, but started to
worry because I know that one of the signs of skin cancer is a wound
that will not heal. I made an appointment with the vet but can't get
in for a few days. Is this something to worry about?

thanks,
CTV

Old November 28th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

"Cartrivision1" wrote in news:1164742269.531348.56940
@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Hi, my 13 year old male dachshund got a wart on his rear thigh area a
couple months back. It appeared to be just a run of the mill wart and
it seemed to have healed and it looked like the hair around the area
was starting to grow back over it. It was kinda slow to heal as it was
seeping after I lightly squeezed it a couple times.

I was looking at the area last night and now it appears that in the
last few days or so he has a dark colored bump, which looks like a
boil. I first thought it was probably just infected, but started to
worry because I know that one of the signs of skin cancer is a wound
that will not heal. I made an appointment with the vet but can't get
in for a few days. Is this something to worry about?

Let your vet tell you that.

Personally, I would have been in a few months ago, but then I've seen a few
dogs end up with Mast Cell cancer and I don't like to take chances with
that sort of thing.

Tara
Old November 29th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Spot

I could just be a seeping wart. Wait till the biopsy results before you
start to worry.

Buddy had a huge one on his back when I got him. He bumped it running under
the coffee table and it seeped for a week. We had it removed after that.
He's loaded with them and currently has one on his eyelid that is going to
have to come off since it's bothering his eye. I don't worry much unless
they start to grow and I check him over nightly.

Celeste

ups.com...

Old November 29th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

on Wed, 29 Nov 2006 01:37:40 GMT, "Spot" wrote:

I could just be a seeping wart. Wait till the biopsy results before you
start to worry.

warts can seep?

--
Lynne
Old November 29th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Cartrivision1

Spot wrote:
I could just be a seeping wart. Wait till the biopsy results before you
start to worry.

Good news. The vet looked at it and determined that it was just an
infection. He gave me some antibiotic cream to apply to it. Thanks
for the help.

CTV

Old November 30th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Spot

They will if they are huge and become injured. The one on Buddys back was
almost 1 inch high and just as round. I never saw a dog with a wart that
huge before until I took him in.

Celeste

. 97.142...