Buddy's Heartworm Treatment athon

Old December 2nd 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health
Shadow Walker

Default Buddy's Heartworm Treatment athon

For a year now I have had in my care a male yellow lab that needs heartworm
treatment. He needs this to save his life and so he can go to his forever
home. I have tried all kinds of things to try and raise the money, all have
failed. You would think that it would take nothing at all to raise $200
dollars to get the treatment, but I repeat myself all has failed.

I have already crate trained him and leash broke him so that, when he
receives the treatment, he can be crated and kept quiet for the duration of
his treatment. He is on preventative to keep from acquiring anymore worms
and is in the waiting stage. His age was undetermined at his last vet check
and he is due back for shots and his yearly exam. Please, if you can spare
anything at, all even a dollar, would you consider helping Buddy. He needs
help to change the course of his life, that his previous owners set him on?
He may be in limbo here but time stands still for no one and the disease
will continue to progress to shorten his life. All I can do is keep him
happy and provide the basics for him. If you would like to know more about
Buddy feel free to email me. His picture is located here at our website.
http://www.angelfire.com/pe2/tawni/found/

Thank you,
Happy holidays

Gina's Home For Wayward Pets

Old December 2nd 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health
Sandy in OK

Shadow Walker wrote:
[...]

Have you checked into Care Credit? Honestly, running a rescue requires
more than just sheltering dogs. It requires having the funds to meet
thier medical needs (which are frequently a lot more than $200) If you
can't afford the HW treatment for this dog, I have to wonder how you
afford spaying and neutering (which is usually at least close to that
price range.) I know there is a legitimate Labrador rescue in Texas (we
sent one of our yellow labs from the shelter to them) I think your best
bet is to find a rescue that has enough funds to take care of their
dogs and let them take him, before the HW does more damage. BroomSandy.

Thank you,
Happy holidays

Gina's Home For Wayward Pets

Old December 2nd 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

http://animalresourcescentral.homest...icalBills.html

help for medical bills, good luck

Old December 2nd 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health
Shadow Walker

I am not a large rescue I work with other people to get these animals off
the street into homes or other facilities. I take a lot of animals that are
ready to the SPCA so spaying and neutering is taken care of through them
adopting them out. I place very few animals myself the ones I do place are
only to homes that guaranty spaying and neutering. This dog took a very long
time to get ready for treatment. Neutering him will cost far less than the
Heartworm treatment will. I have all that worked out just the cost of
heartworm treatment is not flexible.

Old December 2nd 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health
Shadow Walker

Thank you Very much for the information.

Old December 3rd 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health
Sandy in OK

Shadow Walker wrote:
I am not a large rescue I work with other people to get these animals off
the street into homes or other facilities. I take a lot of animals that are
ready to the SPCA so spaying and neutering is taken care of through them
adopting them out. I place very few animals myself the ones I do place are
only to homes that guaranty spaying and neutering. This dog took a very long
time to get ready for treatment. Neutering him will cost far less than the
Heartworm treatment will. I have all that worked out just the cost of
heartworm treatment is not flexible.

http://www.txlabrescue.org/
http://www.dfwlabrescue.org/
http://www.labrescuenorthtexas.org/
http://hotlabrescue.org/hotlab/
http://www.texaslabrescue.org

These are all Labrador Retriever rescues in Texas. You are in Texas.
The dog appears purebred. Contact a legitmiate rescue and offer to
foster this dog for them. That way, the necessary treatment can begin,
you can continue to foster the dog, he can be neutered and responsibly
placed and they can be at least partially reimbursed with his adoption
fee. If you had started networking a year ago, this dog would no longer
be suffering the continuing damage of a load of HW. No responsible
rescue adopts dogs on a "guaranty of spaying or neutering" I also don't
really understand the concept of taking the dogs to the SPCA to be
adopted when they are ready. It honestly sounds to me like if you want
to help dogs, volunteering to foster and do other work for a legitimate
shelter or 501C3 rescue organization would be a much better idea.
BroomSandy

Old December 3rd 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

"Shadow Walker" wrote in
:

For a year now I have had in my care a male yellow lab that needs
heartworm treatment. He needs this to save his life and so he can go
to his forever home.

You've had this dog an entire YEAR and not treated his heartworm????

Are you actually trying to kill this dog?

I have tried all kinds of things to try and raise
the money, all have failed. You would think that it would take nothing
at all to raise $200 dollars to get the treatment, but I repeat myself
all has failed.

Yeah, it wouldn't take much to raise the $200 for emergency (I repeat....
*emergency*) treatment for one dog. As someone who does rescue from time to
time, all it takes is ties to the community, a willingness to pound the
pavement and a modicum of respect from the local dog owners. At least
that's how its always worked for me and for the local rescues I know of.

I have already crate trained him and leash broke him so that, when he
receives the treatment, he can be crated and kept quiet for the
duration of his treatment.

In a year, you've not treated him for a serious medical condition (which
has also caused him to remain unneutered), and only managed to crate train
and leash train him?

He is on preventative to keep from
acquiring anymore worms and is in the waiting stage.

This makes no sense.

My understanding is that prevention in a heartworm positive dog is likely
to kill the dog. You don't hive prevention to a dog that has heartworm.

His age was
undetermined at his last vet check and he is due back for shots and
his yearly exam. Please, if you can spare anything at, all even a
dollar, would you consider helping Buddy. He needs help to change the
course of his life, that his previous owners set him on? He may be in
limbo here but time stands still for no one and the disease will
continue to progress to shorten his life. All I can do is keep him
happy and provide the basics for him. If you would like to know more
about Buddy feel free to email me. His picture is located here at our
website. http://www.angelfire.com/pe2/tawni/found/

Too mant scams out there to believe what you've said.

Too many odd red flags in your post to believe what you've said.

Too many ways you could have easily raised money in your own community (as
long as you have any credibility there) to believe what you've said.

Good luck anyway, though

Tara

Old December 3rd 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health
Shadow Walker

Thank you Very much for the information. I will be checking into that as
soon as possible.

"Dachsie Doozie" wrote in message
ups.com...
As a rescue I understand too. I go to the local thrift shops and buy
items, clean them up and sell them on ebay. You might try also taking
pictures and selling them for $2.00 on ebay, state what your selling
them for. You would not believe the kind hearted people out there that
will help. It paid for one of my rescue doxies surgery. Knock on doors,
let them know who you are, and what you do. Get your face out there and
talk and be seen! Best advice I can give you.

Old December 3rd 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health
Shadow Walker

Thank All of you Very much for the information. I'm sorry if all did not
understand all of what is going on but to go into all the details would take
pages and pages most do not want to read about. Everything I find here helps
despite the lashings about how I'm doing things. Nothing I have done has
gone unsupervised by a vet. I just checked back with the news group and read
your posts and many of you seem to not know that Ivermectin that is in heart
guard and heart guard plus is used as a treatment and a preventative of
heartworms. This is a slow way but in dogs of unknown age and with health
problems it has been the safest way to relieve the heartworm load on the
dogs body. It kills the microfilaria and prevents the dog from being a
reservoir for mesquites to tap into as well as preventing the dog from
acquiring more heartworms. Dogs with heartworms do not acquire more from the
microfilaria that they harbor, the microfilaria must cycle through a
mosquito back to a dog to grow into an adult. Were they grow and become
mature in the heart chamber and major lung arteries. What my plea is for is
to get this dog treated as quickly, get nurtured as soon as possible so he
can move on to his forever home. Being here has helped him get over alot of
health, psychological and physical problems that do not vanish over night.

Thank you,
Gina's Home For Wayward Pets

"Sandy in OK" wrote in message
oups.com...