Buddy's Heartworm Treatment athon

Old December 2nd 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health
Shadow Walker

Default Buddy's Heartworm Treatment athon

For a year now I have had in my care a male yellow lab that needs heartworm
treatment. He needs this to save his life and so he can go to his forever
home. I have tried all kinds of things to try and raise the money, all have
failed. You would think that it would take nothing at all to raise $200
dollars to get the treatment, but I repeat myself all has failed.

I have already crate trained him and leash broke him so that, when he
receives the treatment, he can be crated and kept quiet for the duration of
his treatment. He is on preventative to keep from acquiring anymore worms
and is in the waiting stage. His age was undetermined at his last vet check
and he is due back for shots and his yearly exam. Please, if you can spare
anything at, all even a dollar, would you consider helping Buddy. He needs
help to change the course of his life, that his previous owners set him on?
He may be in limbo here but time stands still for no one and the disease
will continue to progress to shorten his life. All I can do is keep him
happy and provide the basics for him. If you would like to know more about
Buddy feel free to email me. His picture is located here at our website.
http://www.angelfire.com/pe2/tawni/found/

Thank you,
Happy holidays

Gina's Home For Wayward Pets

Old December 2nd 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet B

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:33:02 GMT, "Shadow Walker"
, clicked their heels and said:

For a year now I have had in my care a male yellow lab that needs heartworm
treatment.

. All I can do is keep him
happy and provide the basics for him.

Responsible rescue organizations do what needs to be done. You CAn do
a lot more, but choose not to. Don't undertake "rescue" unless you're
willing to fulfill the roll.

--
Janet Boss
Old December 2nd 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shadow Walker

For a year now I have had in my care a male yellow lab that needs
heartworm
treatment.

. All I can do is keep him
happy and provide the basics for him.

Responsible rescue organizations do what needs to be done. You CAn do
a lot more, but choose not to. Don't undertake "rescue" unless you're
willing to fulfill the roll.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Firstly, we are not a rescue group that has lots of sponsors. To get
sponsors one must advertise the need for sponsorship. Second, I am willing
to take and have fulfilled this dogs basic needs. If he had been my personal
pet he would never have gotten the heartworms to begin with. Please if you
would like to know more about this dog do privet emails. Do no slander
people who take in animals no one else wants and slander them for trying to
save a life by advertising the need for a sponsor. Large Rescues and
individual rescue groups implore the help of sponsors to make the needs of
the animals.
http://www.angelfire.com/pe2/tawni/found/

Thank you,
Gina's Home For Waywerd Pets

Old December 2nd 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 18:59:06 GMT, "Shadow Walker"
wrote:

[...]

Actually, they get out their and work their butts off doing
fundraising. When you call yourself and rescuer and take in animals
no one else wants, you can guarantee that sooner or later, there are
going to be some big vet bills. People who don't want their own pets,
or dump them, or actually abuse animals, generally don't provide
top-quality vet care. So as a rescue group or individual rescuer,
it's up to you to do what's necessary to prepare the animal for a new
home.

My greyhound rescue group used to take Siberian Huskies, and we
treated four or five dogs for heartworm disease. I can't imagine
keeping a heartworm positive dog for a year without doing anything
about it. We don't have any 'sponsors', never have.

Janet didn't slander you, by the way. Don't throw the word around if
you don't know what it means.

Mustang Sally

Old December 2nd 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

wrote:

[...]

^^^^^
there. Sheesh.

Mustang Sally
Old December 2nd 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health
Sandy in OK

Shadow Walker wrote:
[...]

Have you checked into Care Credit? Honestly, running a rescue requires
more than just sheltering dogs. It requires having the funds to meet
thier medical needs (which are frequently a lot more than $200) If you
can't afford the HW treatment for this dog, I have to wonder how you
afford spaying and neutering (which is usually at least close to that
price range.) I know there is a legitimate Labrador rescue in Texas (we
sent one of our yellow labs from the shelter to them) I think your best
bet is to find a rescue that has enough funds to take care of their
dogs and let them take him, before the HW does more damage. BroomSandy.

Thank you,
Happy holidays

Gina's Home For Wayward Pets

Old December 2nd 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

http://animalresourcescentral.homest...icalBills.html

help for medical bills, good luck

Old December 2nd 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judy

"Shadow Walker" wrote in message
Firstly, we are not a rescue group that has lots of sponsors.

First, how do we know that the dog even exists, much less that you are part
of a rescue group?

Second, IF you are legitimate, your chances of getting the $200 you need is
much better if you go out in your own community to raise the funds. Have a
bake sale, have a car wash - or even find someone who is willing to take on
the dog for the cost of his heartworm treatment. $200 is a whole lot less
than most rescue groups would charge for an adoption fee.

To get sponsors one must advertise the need for sponsorship.

On usenet? No, to get sponsors one must get off one's duff and go out into
the community and put in some actual effort.

What you have done here is much more similar to the typical scam of
soft-hearted persons. So why would you be surprised if you are treated as
if you were trying to run a scam?

And believe me, many of the regulars here do a whole lot more each year for
dogs than you have indicated that you have done.

Gina's Home For Waywerd Pets

Waywerd?

Way wierd.

Judy
(And I keep trying to picture a home for wayward pets. Are they little
juvenile delinquents or just poor but defiant orphans?)

Old December 2nd 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 16:46:44 -0500, "Judy"
wrote:

(And I keep trying to picture a home for wayward pets. Are they little
juvenile delinquents or just poor but defiant orphans?)

A lot of unwed mothers...

Mustang Sally

Old December 2nd 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Shadow Walker wrote:
Firstly, we are not a rescue group that has lots of sponsors. To get
sponsors one must advertise the need for sponsorship.

You knock on lots and lots and lots of doors. As Edison
said, "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is
dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Anyway, "Gina," I have no idea who you are or whether or not
you're legitimate. One of your problems is that Usenet
scams have been around nearly as long as Usenet and I can't
tell whether or not you're one of them. Everybody's got a
sad, sad story but not many people bring much more than a
sad, sad story to their requests for money.

Next, even if you're legitimate your informality provides a
disincentive. If you were a registered not-for-profit, not
only would I be able to deduct my donation from my taxable
income (which doesn't matter to me very much), but I'd also
be able to get my employer to match my donation (which
matters to me a *lot*). There are a lot of rescues out
there doing better work than you and who have mechanisms in
place to demonstrate to donors at least some minimal level
of responsibility/accountability.

Try to figure out why someone would want to donate money,
then do the things you figure out. I'm not sending you a
dime as you're currently running your operation.