Dog with discolored teat

Old December 4th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Cartrivision1

Default Dog with discolored teat

Hi, I noticed on my 11year old spayed female dachshund that one of her
nipples has become discolored. It is almost a black color and almost
looks like it has shriveled up some. Nothing else seems wrong with
her....no swelling or bumps or redness around the area. I forgot to
bring this up to the vet when I had my other dog in last week looking
at his bumps.

Is this something to worry about? Is this a common thing or should I
take her to get looked at?

thanks,
CTV

Old December 4th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Cartrivision1

Just to add that she has never birthed before. Not sure if that makes
any difference or not. Also, after a second look the teat looks
visibly larger than the other ones but has grown away from the chest
area and looks like it could be easily snipped off by a pair of
scissors. It also looks flattened and not round like the other normal
looking ones. Hope this make sense.

thanks,
CTV

Old December 4th 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Cartrivision1" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just to add that she has never birthed before. Not sure if that makes
any difference or not. Also, after a second look the teat looks
visibly larger than the other ones but has grown away from the chest
area and looks like it could be easily snipped off by a pair of
scissors. It also looks flattened and not round like the other normal
looking ones.

..........Don't know the cause. Wonder if it could be trauma of some sort.
Personally I'd want to make sure it wasn't mammary cancer and would have the
vet check it out.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old December 4th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

Hi, I noticed on my 11year old spayed female dachshund that one of her
nipples has become discolored.

How old is she? Has she been spayed. Any recent illnesses or medications?

I'd at least give the vet a call and ask. Most are willing to answer any
questions over the phone.

-Sharon

Old December 4th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet B

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 08:30:57 -0500, "Sharon Too"
, clicked their heels and said:

spayed female dachshund

^^^^^^^^

How old is she? Has she been spayed.

I would say yes! ;-D

--
Janet Boss
Old December 4th 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

Janet read the *entire* post (unlike me) and wrote:

spayed female dachshund

I would say yes! ;-D

Good Lord. It's 10 degrees windchill out there. Apparently it has affected
my reading comprehension. Better wake up before I drive to work!

Apologies to the OP. Still, call the vet and ask.

-Sharon

Old December 4th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet B

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 08:54:58 -0500, "Sharon Too"
, clicked their heels and said:

Good Lord. It's 10 degrees windchill out there. Apparently it has affected
my reading comprehension. Better wake up before I drive to work!

LOL! It's very cold and windy here too - haven't checked the actual
windchill, but brr........

--
Janet Boss
Old December 4th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet B

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 08:54:58 -0500, "Sharon Too"
, clicked their heels and said:

It's 10 degrees windchill out there

a toasty 14 here apparently. UGH.
--
Janet Boss
Old December 4th 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

a toasty 14 here apparently. UGH.

We've been spoiled here (south of Buffalo). It was in the mid 60's last
week, then BAM! Welcome to Lake Effect. Standing at the kids' bus stop this
morning was so very rude. My eye balls were cold. And the dog - a rain/snow
hater - barely gets his business out before he's running back to the door
shaking the paws as he trots.

Old December 4th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

then BAM! Welcome to Lake Effect.

Both Mustang Sally & I are well acquainted with those two words.

Please lake........ freeze over..............