Neo's Litter, Day 3

Old December 6th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
chris jung

Default Neo's Litter, Day 3

"montana wildhack" wrote in message
It's amazing to watch everything and the pups seem to be changing quickly.
I noticed something different about some of them this morning - looks like
at least a couple will have long hair, like their mother.

We think the puppy daddy might be a Pit mix - certainly typical of dogs in
her former neighborhood, but I don't know how fast snouts develop!

Big Congrats on Neo's litter. I'm impressed on how well you and your DH are
dealing with Neo's surprise.

IMHO, you can't guess breed from head shape of newborn pups. All puppies,
even collies, have short, fat snouts at this age. Here's smooth collie
Pablo at about 2-3 weeks (his eyes just opened): http://masl.to/?N29E5205E
.. What a roly-poly potato! Compare to Pablo as an adult:
http://masl.to/?L2AE2105E .

I couldn't tell from the photos - are the pups black & tan or black?

Chris and her smoothies plus a visiting spare,
Pablo, Lucy and Bree

Old December 6th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

montana wildhack wrote:

One has a white diamond on his back!

Be very afraid!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/68767726/

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old December 6th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On 2006-12-06 12:07:22 -0500, shelly said:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/68767726/

I hear that when a dog's ears are back like that it could indicate that
the dog could fear bite.

But not if you feed them with love. Uh-oh!

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old December 6th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Suja

"montana wildhack" wrote in message:

But I'd rather that a
woman who is considering taking Rocco take one of the puppies. She's
fantastic.

Keep in mind however that an older dog with "issues" is going to be a lot
harder to place than a puppy.

Suja

Old December 6th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 12:21:52 -0500, montana wildhack

On 2006-12-06 12:07:22 -0500, shelly said:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/68767726/

I hear that when a dog's ears are back like that it could indicate that
the dog could fear bite.

It must be true, because people have said that to me more times than I
can count when they see a greyhound. The thing is, that's normal ear
carriage for greyhounds.

Mustang Sally

Old December 6th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

diddy wrote:

Also beware of the dreaded "C" shape TIC

I am *so* screwed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/128390242/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/128390241/

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old December 6th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

diddy wrote:

I would say you definitely are! What a dangerous dog!

Ferocious, for sure. She's apt to rip my face off at any moment.
Too bad I didn't add love to her food.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old December 6th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Suja wrote:

Does it count if they're lying down?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...agonslayer.jpg

It's a good thing the dragon is keeping her under control, or you
might've been a goner.

And to think that I have her around children!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65.../Ammu_Pan2.jpg

Yeah, and where is that child *now*, pray tell? In the belly of the
beast, no doubt!

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old December 6th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

diddy wrote:

Is it too late to start?

Probably. Only Pfoley knows for sure. Help me, Pfoley!

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old December 6th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

"Suja" wrote in news:rZDdh.4809$gj2.2704
@newsfe23.lga:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65.../Ammu_Pan2.jpg

I LOVE the expressions in this pic.

Girl: "Yeah, I've got a dog bigger than I am trying to sit on my lap. So
what else is new?sigh"
Dog: "But I'm actually just a very widdle bit of a dog. No....really, I
am."

They're both gorgeous, by the way.

Tara