A lovely thought

Old December 13th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sandy in OK

Default A lovely thought

Read this today on one of my lists and had to sha

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my
heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with
a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my
heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they
are." (Cheryl Zuccaro)

Old December 13th 06, 12:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Ian P

"Sandy in OK" wrote in message
ps.com...
Read this today on one of my lists and had to sha

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my
heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with
a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my
heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they
are." (Cheryl Zuccaro)

You're right ... a lovely thought! There's something about that
unquestioning, uncomplicated love, which dogs give us, which we all need to
learn from. Maybe that's why they live shorter lives than we do ... we just
take so much longer to learn!!

Old December 13th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

On 12 Dec 2006 19:28:52 -0800, "Sandy in OK"
wrote:

Read this today on one of my lists and had to sha

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my
heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with
a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my
heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they
are." (Cheryl Zuccaro)

Thanks for sharing, Sandy; that's beautiful.

Mustang Sally

Old December 14th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Thanks Sandy for posting A Lovely Thought....Perfect timing. My
daughter lost her Doxie today. His name was Max he was 13 or so?? He
had been on meds for Cushing's disease for the last year and she had to
euthanize him today unexpectedly. It is always unexpectedly, isn't
it????

Be Free.....Judy