Vintage Greyhound Photo

Old December 14th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Default Vintage Greyhound Photo

I thought this might be of interest to folks who enjoy vintage
photos of dog breeds. It's of a Greyhound (well, of a surveyor,
but it's got a Greyhound in it), taken in the 1920s at my ex-
stepfather's family farm in Rushville, Indiana. For some mind
boggling reason, he left all his family photos when he moved out,
including some ambrotypes, daguerreotypes, and real photo
postcards.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/322508192/

--
Shelly

I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid
conforming to my own taste.
-- Marcel Duchamp
Old December 14th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Hi Shelly,
I do enjoy vintage pics of dog breeds it is quite interesting to see
how the standard has changed over the years in many pure breds.
I bought an old farm house in Mi and someone left behind a 1920's
newspaper on a high shelf in an added on room. It had Al Capone head
lines...
Nice pic...

Be Free.....Judy

Old December 14th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Shelly
Is the photo truly of a Greyhound? I looked at it again and I think
the surveyor is probably a surveyor but the GH doesn't look like one to
me...I am trying to think of what I think it does look like...??

Be Free.....Judy

Old December 15th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

Shelly wrote:
I thought this might be of interest to folks who enjoy vintage
photos of dog breeds. It's of a Greyhound (well, of a surveyor,
but it's got a Greyhound in it), taken in the 1920s at my ex-
stepfather's family farm in Rushville, Indiana. For some mind
boggling reason, he left all his family photos when he moved out,
including some ambrotypes, daguerreotypes, and real photo
postcards.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/322508192/

--
Shelly

I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid
conforming to my own taste.
-- Marcel Duchamp

=============
That was interesting; love looking at people and animals in the old
photos. The men were always in suits no matter what they were doing.
I love the Winter Clouds photo; just beautiful.

Old December 15th 06, 12:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Judith Althouse wrote:

Is the photo truly of a Greyhound? I looked at it again and I think
the surveyor is probably a surveyor but the GH doesn't look like one to
me...I am trying to think of what I think it does look like...??

It's definitely a surveyor. And it's my understanding that it's
definitely a Greyhound. I'll try to remember to get more info when
I'm home next week, including a more accurate date.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old December 15th 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

Judith Althouse wrote:
Shelly
Is the photo truly of a Greyhound? I looked at it again and I think
the surveyor is probably a surveyor but the GH doesn't look like one to
me...I am trying to think of what I think it does look like...??

Be Free.....Judy

===========
It looks like it could have some Hungarian Vizsla in it, but I think
Vizsla's have longer floppier ears; not sure. It reminds me of one,
though.

Old December 15th 06, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

pfoley wrote:

That was interesting; love looking at people and animals in the old
photos. The men were always in suits no matter what they were doing.

There are more he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sid...7594084033833/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/sets/379576/

One of the reasons I'm going home for Hmas is so that I can scan a
bunch of old photos my mom has, both of her family and my
ex-stepfather's.

I love the Winter Clouds photo; just beautiful.

Thank you! I miss that view, and the clearness of the sky in the
country.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old December 15th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judy

"shelly" wrote in message
One of the reasons I'm going home for Hmas is so that I can scan a bunch
of old photos my mom has, both of her family and my ex-stepfather's.

Gee, is that what it takes to get daughters home these days? Fortunately, I
can do that.

(Although she is coming even if I don't have old photos. Now if we can just
get the kitten's upset tummy settled down so she can leave for a week
without too much guilt!)

Judy

Old December 15th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Judy wrote:

Gee, is that what it takes to get daughters home these days? Fortunately, I
can do that.

I'm only about 2 1/2 hours from my mom, so it's not far.

(Although she is coming even if I don't have old photos. Now if we can just
get the kitten's upset tummy settled down so she can leave for a week
without too much guilt!)

Good luck! Cats and digestive problems can be a real puzzle.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)