Remember the dog I found.......the owner is a jackass

Old December 16th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Spot

Default Remember the dog I found.......the owner is a jackass

It amazes me that some people can have the nerve they do. I have found 5
dogs in the last 3 years and no one has ever acted like this jerk and his
family did. The others were happy to get the dog back unharmed.

Tuesday evening the owner called and left a message on my answering machine
after getting the flyer I had put out. The number he left had been
disconnected. By the time I get home there is two more messages. I used
the return call feature on the phone to get the number he was calling from
and the idiot is drunk and yelling at me for taking his dog. I tried to
explain to him calmly that I didn't take his dog from infront of your house
I found her 1/2 a mile away on the main highway. Finally I had it with his
crap and screamed back at if him...If I hadn't picked her the hell up we
wouldn't be having this conversation because she'd be nothing but a bloody
spot on the highway. He finally shut up and apologized.

Then he proceeds to tell me that he lets her go so she can run that she
herds his horses. My god he has two horses in a small piece of property
beside his house that is no bigger than his house. There's no freaking
hearding these horses the area is probably 30 x 30 feet with a shed at the
back for them. Anyway I told him she's going to get hit this way. Then he
says " Yea she runs cars too but she's a border collie and she'll never get
hit because she's a border collie, you know she's a border collie" By then
I knew it was no sense talking to him he's not only drunk but a ****ing
idiot to. By now I'm sorry I even put out the flyers and just didn't take
her directly to the shelter and let them find her a new home. I told him I
didn't have her that she was at the shelter and gave him the phone number.
I told him to call after 11 that someone wouldn't be there untill then.

So on Thusday afternoon is mother calls. Mike takes the call and said no it
was me he'd let her speak to me. I answer the phone and she starts yelling
at me that her damned phone wasn't disconnected that I was lying that I
didn't call. That I better think before I go picking up peoples dogs and she
slams the phone down. My god she's as stupid as he is.

I know one thing if I ever see her loose again I'm scooping her up and
taking her right to the shelter. I'm not even going to take her home not
after this episode.

Celeste

Old December 16th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Good Person to Try and help the Dog!

Celeste!

You were good enough to try. I know it's hard to admit we can't save
the world, as much as we would like. At least you gave it a shot. Keep
trying to do the right thing. Don't let it get you down.
n1kk1

Old December 16th 06, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Sat, 16 Dec 2006 01:16:36 GMT, "Spot" wrote:

It amazes me that some people can have the nerve they do. I have
found 5 dogs in the last 3 years and no one has ever acted like this
jerk and his family did. The others were happy to get the dog back
unharmed.

You know, barring accidents and other unforseen circumstances, any owner
who lets his dog get loose and/or lost is an idiot in my book. Don't stop
what you are doing, but don't expect too much from such people. Just
remember: you're doing it for the dogs. I hope this guy was just too proud
to admit that what you said to him will make him consider his dog's safety
for a change.

--
Lynne

Old December 16th 06, 06:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
mariann

"Spot" wrote in message
[...]

Poor dog but you did what you thought was best and good for you ...Mariann

Old December 16th 06, 12:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Remember the dog I found.......the owner is a jackass [jerry]

DOGS DO NOT GET LOST, spotty.

Dogs get lost all the time, you ignoramus. Every day.

Delete hundreds of lines of BS

Old January 4th 07, 08:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.rescue,alt.animals.dog,alt.pets.dogs.pitbull,alt.pets.dogs.labrador
Season BubbleGirl - BubbleGirl.net

I've been helping a dog rescue centre online and have seen some terrible
things. Unfortunately, people don't think of their dogs as children. One man
who was considering me romantically (but I told him where to go!) suggested
I get rid of my Lhasa and cat if we were to be together. Although I
refrained from cursing at him, I told him he was disgusting and hopefully
someone will get rid of him instead one day. This throw-away attitude
society has doesn't stop at material objects.

The dogs and cats that go through rescue begin with sad lives, but they are
found new, loving homes, and are kept until one is found. I am yet to
understand why humans dump dogs because I look forward to having my babies
for the next 20+ years (we want to break some world records )

*I* am a proud, loving mummy to my cat and dog, who I adore more than
anything else in the world. Every little yawn, stretch, bark/meow, cuddle,
snore and belly rub make me melt. As they get older, I only love them more.
(Lhasa Apso, BrandLee, is 3, and the star of my creative non-fiction book;
Cognac or "Connie" is a 6 year old tabby. No special breeding, but so cute!
She has the cutest little pad on one foot that is pink and black combined
which is different to her other s. I put her on the scanner one day so I
always have that little paw print. Okay, I know I baby them WAYYY too
much. (Pictures on the website under PHOTO ALBUM)

S.

Season BubbleGirl

International author and motivational icon hailing from Australia.

Writer of A Doggy Diary (Ingram/Baker & Taylor, 0-9766-2213-0), Music Mash
and autobiography, Absolute Individual: Life In a Bubble (Zeus Publications,
1-922-1837-7; Ingram/Baker & Taylor, 1-5968-2040-3)

www.bubblegirl.net - where individuality truly shines

Old January 7th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.rescue,alt.animals.dog,alt.pets.dogs.pitbull,alt.pets.dogs.labrador
Drachen

Its always disturbed me how people will try to control all aspects of
anothers life... the main reason he probably said that was the fact he would
likely fail the puppy test and kitty test...

if the dog don't like you, One must suddenly develope a long lasting onset
of a headache and cancel dinner... *G*

same with the cat... provided the cat isn't trying to get revenge on you for
letting the dog drink from its bowl...

Ive got a dog that has definitely let me know that certain peoples were not
allowed anywhere near myself nor my son... yayyyy... only four times in the
past... and all were well deserved... *she's a seizrue response dog for my
son and I think she's extra protective and more sensitive to others issues*

I'm volunteering for bunny rescue... talk about throwaway animals... "what?
you're suppose to play with them??? they don't just die shortly after
easter??? Training? what? train rabbits???!?!??! they want what?
attention???? cuddles???? food???!??!?!!!" Its incredulous... the way
people have no clue...

I've heard stories about throw away dogs... very sad... have you ever
purchased the book by berkley breathed? Called 'Flawed Dogs'?... it made me
cry... so sad... so flawed... so in need of lovin...

should get it...

carrie

"Season BubbleGirl - BubbleGirl.net" wrote in
message u...