My Dog is, Um, Special Part 867

Old December 19th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default My Dog is, Um, Special Part 867

We all know that Boxers get extra boingy when they're excited, and
that they sort of lose control of their brains. Well, last night,
Harriet managed to get so wound up that she launched herself
backwards into the living room wall, about 3-4 feet off the floor.
Thud! The specialest part is that I'm not sure she even noticed.

The End.

Also, among the old website photos I re-scanned were a couple of her
sleeping in improbable positions. She was about 1yo at the time of
these photos, and it makes me want to weep when I see how grey she's
become. You can hardly tell now that she used to have black on her
muzzle. The black around her eyes has greyed considerably, too.

1yo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/319135570/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/319135571/

Now:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/304612872/

(Yes, that *is* the world's ugliest chair. But I couldn't throw it
away, because, as you see, it was Harriet's junk/computer room bed.)

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old December 19th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:39:55 GMT, shelly wrote:

Now:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/304612872/

I saw a boxer today that looked just like Harriet! I wanted to stop my car
and ask his person if she was "special" but felt quite sure she must be and
that he already knew it.

--
Lynne

Old December 20th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Lynne wrote in
m:

I saw a boxer today that looked just like Harriet!

A dopple-boxer?!

I wanted to stop my car and ask his person if she was "special"
but felt quite sure she must be and that he already knew it.

Yeah, anyone who is warped enough to live with a Boxer probably
knows they're "special." Very, very special.

Her new trick is to roll onto her shoulder and push herself, upside
down, along the carpet with her hind feet while rubbing her face
into the carpet and warbling to herself. When she's satisfied that
I've admired her specialness sufficiently, she rolls over, stands
up, and sneeze-snorts-blows dogsnot all over me. I am blessed.

--
Shelly

Do *not* sit next to Dennis.
-- Cabin Fever
Old December 20th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Wed, 20 Dec 2006 00:19:12 GMT, Shelly wrote:

A dopple-boxer?!

I don't know. All I know is he or she was the spitting image of Miss.
Brown! (I didn't get a look between the legs, though.)

Yeah, anyone who is warped enough to live with a Boxer probably
knows they're "special." Very, very special.

Her new trick is to roll onto her shoulder and push herself, upside
down, along the carpet with her hind feet while rubbing her face
into the carpet and warbling to herself. When she's satisfied that
I've admired her specialness sufficiently, she rolls over, stands
up, and sneeze-snorts-blows dogsnot all over me. I am blessed.

You must have wicked strong abs from laughing all the time.

--
Lynne

Old December 20th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Lynne wrote in
:

I don't know. All I know is he or she was the spitting image of
Miss. Brown! (I didn't get a look between the legs, though.)

And why not?

You must have wicked strong abs from laughing all the time.

I dunno about that, but my inhaler gets a workout!

--
Shelly

One eye sees, the other feels.
-- Paul Klee
Old December 20th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Wed, 20 Dec 2006 00:29:48 GMT, Shelly wrote:

And why not?

Woman on a mission?

I dunno about that, but my inhaler gets a workout!

snort

--
Lynne

Old December 20th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky

Shelly said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

When she's satisfied that
I've admired her specialness sufficiently, she rolls over,
stands up, and sneeze-snorts-blows dogsnot all over me. I
am blessed.

I've been similarly blessed by a 180 pound English Mastiff. I
wear safety glasses.

Old December 20th 06, 10:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Rocky wrote in
:

I've been similarly blessed by a 180 pound English Mastiff. I
wear safety glasses.

That's a whole lotta blessedness!

--
Shelly

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship.
-- Louisa May Alcott