LeeRoy Jenkins

Old December 21st 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
jerryeveretts

Default LeeRoy Jenkins

Little LeeRoy. The vet gave him a clean bill of health yesterday,
clipped his claws, stuck what looked WAY to large to fit into his bum,
into his bum to test for worms. He came out negative, but they wormed
him as a precaution anyway. Put a 4lb dose of advantage on him to rid
him of fleas, which it did, quite qickly.

He had a rough night last night, whining a lot, slept about half the
night swaddled like a baby in the bed.

This morning was the first time we have seen him 'Play', which brings
me to a question... At 4.5 weeks old, is his eyesight still very bad?
He was on the carpet as we were getting dressed this morning, crouching
down and pouncing while growling and barking, it was very cute, but
there was nothing there. It was like he had an imaginary playmate. I
was wondering if he can see well. I know he can see well enough to
follow my Bassett Hound around, but this was a little odd. Cute but
Odd.

Also, he was really starting to play with Bassett, then he discovered
the dangling dewlaps, he was getting all up in there, licking and
chewing when old Duke started to let out a low growl, I was a bit
worried at first but thought best to let it play out. the growl turned
into a stern 'WooooF' and little LeeRoy backed off.

Sammy, the 1.5 year old female Black Lab, is afraid of the puppy, she
runs to the other side of the room. She has always been a VERY timid
dog, we forgot becuase she is so used to everything at home that we
haven't seen this behaviour in awhile. I am sure she will get used to
the new addition as well. Kinda funny though seeing a 50-60lb dog, run
and hide from a 4lb dog

Old December 21st 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

on Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:12:27 GMT, montana wildhack
wrote:

I love these stories!

DITTO!

All that stuff seems perfectly normal to me, including the "invisible
friend"

I seem to recall a puppy or 2 doing the same thing. What's really fun is
the first time they see themselves in a mirror! Especially one that is at
or near the floor. Oh, puppies!

--
Lynne

Old December 23rd 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
jerryeveretts

I made a video

Old December 23rd 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

on Sat, 23 Dec 2006 22:30:10 GMT, "jerryeveretts"
wrote:

I made a video

I watched it twice. My cheeks hurt from smiling!!

--
Lynne

Old December 23rd 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

"jerryeveretts" wrote in news:[email protected]
73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com:

I made a video

What a cutie-pie! Sammi looks like a great sibling for the little guy.

The next to last shot looked like a classic case of baby dog pre-poopy
antics. I love the funny walk, followed by the running away from his own
butt. Did I guess right? Did he go right after that (since I noticed you
cut away at that point).

Watched it twice and it *almost* satisfied the puppy urge. Thanks for
posting the updates and the video!

Tara
Old December 24th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
jerryeveretts

Tara wrote:
"jerryeveretts" wrote in news:[email protected]
73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com:

I made a video

What a cutie-pie! Sammi looks like a great sibling for the little guy.

The next to last shot looked like a classic case of baby dog pre-poopy
antics. I love the funny walk, followed by the running away from his own
butt. Did I guess right? Did he go right after that (since I noticed you
cut away at that point).

Watched it twice and it *almost* satisfied the puppy urge. Thanks for
posting the updates and the video!

Tara

actually he didn't go, his but seems to be a bit faster than his head.

Old December 24th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

on Sat, 23 Dec 2006 23:54:14 GMT, Tara wrote:

Watched it twice and it *almost* satisfied the puppy urge.

Speaking of puppies, uh, how about some pics of little Annie!

--
Lynne

Old December 24th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

Lynne wrote in
m:

on Sat, 23 Dec 2006 23:54:14 GMT, Tara wrote:

Watched it twice and it *almost* satisfied the puppy urge.

Speaking of puppies, uh, how about some pics of little Annie!

Pretty much spent most of the last two weeks in the metal studio
desperately trying to finish up gifts before they closed the studio for the
season, and (not coincidentally) getting really sick. Still squeaking from
the remnant laryingitis. Before that, the Little Miss got spayed and was in
No Mood to be photographed.

Yesterday, I bought her one of those silly tiny "tennis balls" which she
thinks is THE coolest toy ever.

Oh, and remember when I said I would never ever dress her in anything pink?
Well, a client of mine bought her a bright pink rhinestone collar for
christmas with a matchin pink sweater. Now I'm just hoping it comes across
as irony when we walk down the street together. Even better would be a
sarcastic politcal statement, but I doubt that people will get that unless
they already know me. sigh.

Tara
Old December 24th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

Lynne wrote in
m:

on Sat, 23 Dec 2006 23:54:14 GMT, Tara wrote:

Watched it twice and it *almost* satisfied the puppy urge.

Speaking of puppies, uh, how about some pics of little Annie!

Ok fine. I put the only other one up that I had on my computer. I'll try to
take some more tomorrow after I've caught up on sleep.

Tara
Old December 24th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

on Sun, 24 Dec 2006 01:31:22 GMT, Tara wrote:

Pretty much spent most of the last two weeks in the metal studio
desperately trying to finish up gifts before they closed the studio
for the season, and (not coincidentally) getting really sick. Still
squeaking from the remnant laryingitis. Before that, the Little Miss
got spayed and was in No Mood to be photographed.

Sorry you and Annie haven't been feeling well (if for different reasons).

Are you a sculpturer? My daughter has done some metal sculptures with a
Louisville artist and she really enjoys it. One of her pieces is on
display at [er, somewhere]. I am hoping she will get more opportunities
like that, but it won't be through school (she was invited to a special
workshop for that, 2 years in a row).

Yesterday, I bought her one of those silly tiny "tennis balls" which
she thinks is THE coolest toy ever.

My little Sheltie girl LOVES those!

Oh, and remember when I said I would never ever dress her in anything
pink? Well, a client of mine bought her a bright pink rhinestone
collar for christmas with a matchin pink sweater. Now I'm just hoping
it comes across as irony when we walk down the street together. Even
better would be a sarcastic politcal statement, but I doubt that
people will get that unless they already know me. sigh.

I'm not a fan of pink, but I think that sounds pretty darn cute!

--
Lynne