Do cats really hate dogs?

Old December 29th 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Do cats really hate dogs?

My oldest cat, Rita, has not yet become 'friendly' with my Boston,
despite everything I've tried over the past 7 months! The younger one
is fine, but then he's a big baby!

Should I just start the e-collar on my cat, or what? LOL?.....

Help!

Old December 29th 06, 08:04 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Dec 29, 1:37*am, Lynne wrote:
on Fri, 29 Dec 2006 06:23:03 GMT, wrote:

My oldest cat, Rita, has not yet become 'friendly' with my Boston,
despite everything I've tried over the past 7 months! *The younger one
is fine, but then he's a big baby!

Should I just start the e-collar on my cat, or what? *LOL?.....my non-professional but experienced assessment: two roll (say it fast).

But then I've always had a good grasp of the obvious.

--
Lynne

OOhhhhh, you're very smart & quick, Ms Lynne! Did you think that one
up yourself?

Should I send you pics of it, so you can see the obvious? I don't
actually have an ecollar...must be you picked that up from your butt ee
(say it fast)

shane

Old December 29th 06, 08:07 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Fri, 29 Dec 2006 07:04:56 GMT, wrote:

snip

Did you come here just to troll, or do you plan to discuss dogs and
training? Thanks!

--
Lynne

Old December 29th 06, 08:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Dec 29, 2:07*am, Lynne wrote:

snip

I believe I might ask you the same question, Ms. gatekeeper? Just
because you are unable to grasp any humor in the final sentance of my
post, I did ask a legitimate question. My 9 month old pup is not
getting on well with my older cat - or is this topic beneath you to
discuss? Let me know. And don't even try calling me a troll again, no
matter how cleverly you try to disguise it.

Old December 29th 06, 09:52 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Dec 29, 3:31*am, Mary H Healey wrote:
wrote roups.com:

My oldest cat, Rita, has not yet become 'friendly' with my Boston,Exactly what is 'friendly'? *Intimate in some way? *Tolerant of the dog's

existence? *Do you want them to plan mad capers, or spend a night on the
tiles together? *Ignore one another long enough to take the family holiday
picture with Santa?

Until I've got a better idea of your expectations, I can only speculate on
the nature of 'friendly' and why it's important to you.

My remaining cat despises dogs. *From afar. *She's terrified of them up
close. *Neither attitude is a problem, since she has her own dog-free
territory in the house where she can do her cat-thing and they can do their
dog-thing without feline commentary.

As long as she doesn't saunter out to the livingroom and start attacking
the dogs, which another of my slightly demented cats did, she's friendly
enough.

Yes, Mealey, I'd like them to plan camping trips together. Are you an
idiot?

I'd like for them to be able to lay next to one another without
growling, hissing, scratching, or nipping.
Like I'm sure you had once wished for on a first date.

Neither is terrified of one another, as they are in your home.

They simply have not found a common ground on which to exist. Much
like you and friendly people.

Does that clear up the importance of it to me, per your satisfaction?

Old December 29th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Your a bit more than provincial - more like parochial....you might
check my spelling on that, if you run out of idiotic things to say.

I can also see why you would choose not to have your dumbass repliles
archived...what a coward. Carry on, little chap.

I can't speak for Mary but I'm still confused.
Do your dog and cat have to camp _for_ their first date or _prior_
to their first date?
And are you aware that interspecies sex between felines and canines
is not allowed on this planet? On yours, maybe.
But not here, not just yet.
We're a bit provincial but we're working on it.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Old December 29th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

I don't recall asking about your lifestyle, or anyone elses, but since
you mention all that data,
might I ask, then, HOW it is you overcame the challenge with the first
cat? That IS WHAT MY ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS ABOUT anyway, so maybe you
can be of assistance, despite trying not to be.
I eagerly await your reply, for real!

On Dec 29, 8:45*am, Janet B wrote:
On 29 Dec 2006 00:52:36 -0800, , clicked their heels
and said:

Does that clear up the importance of it to me, per your satisfaction?Gee Shane, if you didn't come here to troll, then here's my lifestyle:

Dogs acquired in: 1973, (PT 1986), 1988, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2005
(interim boarders and fosters as well)

Cats acquired: 1983, 1985, 1993, 2001

All get along beautifully, sleep together, play together. *The current
senior cat, at 13, has medical and mental issues, but is well
controlled and the dogs put up with all of her bizarreness. *First dog
with first cat was a bit of a challenge, but we overcame it quickly
and all was well for the several years they continued to exist
together.

No e-collars were ever involved, for dogs or cats, so I guess I just
live right. *Everyone knows that some things aren't allowed. *You
might want to try thinking that way.
--
Janet Bosswww.bestfriendsdogobedience.com