Somersaults

Old January 4th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Somersaults

I've mentioned that Harriet thinks it's really funny to stand on her
head, leaning upside down against the back of the couch?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/46119278/

Now, she's perfected the art of turning somersaults. At first, I
thought it was just a happy accident, but when she kept doing it
over and over again, it was obvious that it was intentional. She
finally ended up with her head in my lap and her butt up by my
shoulder, legs waving in the air, with the most ginormousest grin on
her face. I was laughing too hard to even think about getting a
picture. Or better yet, video/sound. The accompanying snorts of
Boxer Joy were priceless.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old January 4th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet B

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 08:42:04 -0500, shelly ,
clicked their heels and said:

I've mentioned that Harriet thinks it's really funny to stand on her
head, leaning upside down against the back of the couch?

She has silly down pat.

--
Janet Boss
Old January 4th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Janet B wrote:

She has silly down pat.

Oh yeah! I'm into silly, so for better or for worse, that's what
tends to get the best rewards. You really have to watch what you
laugh at with this one, too, because if she thinks she made a funny,
you're stuck with the behavior. God, do I ever love Joie de Boxer.

Also, ELB has declared that Miss Brown is, and I quote, a "marvelous
kisser." Both youngest brothers noted, too, that, "Wow, her breath
smells good!" The former is pretty cool, because he got her to kiss
on demand. She's normally a little stingy with her kisses.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old January 4th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

montana wildhack wrote:

You think it's funny, but there's pure eeeeevil in those eyes!

Eeevil Glowy Eyes of Dqqm!

Related note (well, related to the previous story): At the old
place, the couch was against the wall. It's now in the middle of
the living room, sort of dividing it visually from the adjoined
dining room. I was standing in front of it yesterday, while Harriet
was behind it, sitting and looking out the slider door. I made the
mistake of calling her, and she responded by boinging straight up
and over the couch, landing on the seat in front of me. Now *that*
is some kind of enthusiastic recall.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old January 4th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

montana wildhack wrote:

Bella's a pretty good kisser, although lately she's been a little
stand-offish (go figure).

I bet she's got a sad, sad tale of woe and neglect. Probably
horrible abuse, too.

I'm always surprised at how easy it is to
rename a behavior that she knows, so I could tell her to giver her
"daddy" kisses, give him good-night kisses, or give him "sweet dreams."
She understands what she's supposed to do.

Heh. Harriet responds to "Show me kisses," and "If you want X,
payment is required in advance."

What makes us laugh, though is that sometimes she doesn't feel like
kissing his face, but will always lick his hand.

Harriet isn't a licker, which was a change from Elliott. He knew he
wasn't supposed to lick people, but he just couldn't help himself,
so he'd sneak in drive-by lickies. And you could *totally* tell he
was being an imp about it, too. Sometimes, he'd sneak up behind me,
if I was wearing shorts, and just ever so carefully press his nose
against the back of my knee. NOT FUNNY! Well, not to me. I swear,
you could actually *see* him peeing himself laughing.

Harriet, when she doesn't want to share her kisses, will
begrudgingly press her nose against your cheek. One little nose
press is all you get. When she's feeling more amenable, she'll
flick the tip of her tongue against your chin.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old January 4th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
perrylep

Tinker does that, and we call it "the roly poly, pill bug dog". (say it with
kind of a Dr. Seuss rhythm)
It's hysterical.

Perry

Old January 4th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

shelly wrote in news:504f8fF1eg0tnU1
@mid.individual.net:

You really have to watch what you
laugh at with this one, too, because if she thinks she made a funny,
you're stuck with the behavior.

That is Zoe to a T. We love the clown dogs! (Great story, and I know next
time you'll be ready with the camera....)

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old January 4th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

perrylep wrote:
Tinker does that, and we call it "the roly poly, pill bug dog". (say it with
kind of a Dr. Seuss rhythm)
It's hysterical.

I like that! It's a very fitting description.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old January 4th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

elegy wrote:

lol. too funny! we definitely need video.

If I can remember. My digital camera will do decent video, but it's
so out of my realm that I don't think about it. What I *really*
want to get video of is her cussing me out. Also, *proper* kidney
beaning (dog must be tailless to get the full effect).

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old January 4th 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

ceb wrote:

That is Zoe to a T. We love the clown dogs! (Great story, and I know next
time you'll be ready with the camera....)

Make me laugh, and you're hired!

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)