Finding Rabies Vac. Info for my Rescued Japanese Chin Please.............

Old January 6th 07, 07:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
lkm

Default Finding Rabies Vac. Info for my Rescued Japanese Chin Please.............

Hi, I have been searching and searching on the web. I rescued a
Japanese Chin. I live in WA state and his rabies information is
impossible to track down. All I know is that he was vacinated in IA
with a tag number 0f 1025 in 2005, December. It was storm Lake and I
was trying to get the information on how long an IMRAB shot is good
for. Is that a Rabies Vac. given only for Immagration for means of
travel???

I want to see if it's good for a year or years and where I can get the
information to show that to my groomer.

He needs grooming and I don't have the time to get his shots redone
before doing it. Too long of work hours and not enough time off to take
him all these places.

I have been searching the internet and I am unable to come up with an
answer. I also wondered how you track down who the dog is by the tag
number.

I would love to know his Date of Birth and such.

Thank you anyone who can help.

Old January 6th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
sighthounds & siberians

On 5 Jan 2007 22:11:29 -0800, "lkm" wrote:

Hi, I have been searching and searching on the web. I rescued a
Japanese Chin. I live in WA state and his rabies information is
impossible to track down. All I know is that he was vacinated in IA
with a tag number 0f 1025 in 2005, December. It was storm Lake and I
was trying to get the information on how long an IMRAB shot is good
for. Is that a Rabies Vac. given only for Immagration for means of
travel???

No, it's the brand name of the vaccination. Is there a phone number
for the vet who gave the vaccination on the tag? If so, call that.
Did you get the dog from a pound or rescue group? If so, they should
have some information on it.

I want to see if it's good for a year or years and where I can get the
information to show that to my groomer.

It should be good for three years.

I have been searching the internet and I am unable to come up with an
answer. I also wondered how you track down who the dog is by the tag
number.

The vet who gave the vaccination should be able to tell you who the
owner of the dog is/was by the tag number.

I would love to know his Date of Birth and such.

If the vet has that information available, he can tell you.

Mustang Sally

Rabies Vaccine Fund Tee Dog health 0 October 30th 05 07:16 PM
Rabies Challenge Front Page [email protected] Dog health 1 October 14th 05 06:57 AM
Japanese Chin Website - Australia & New Zealand Nat Dog breeds 0 November 18th 03 06:15 AM