Dog Bathing

Old January 7th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Dog Bathing

My dog got into some mud and I need to give him a bath. The problem
is, I am out of dog shampoo. Can I wash him with my shampoo or will
this hurt him?
Thanks

Old January 7th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

My dog got into some mud and I need to give him a bath. The problem
is, I am out of dog shampoo. Can I wash him with my shampoo or will
this hurt him?

Once wouldn't hurt. But if you have Dawn dish washing liquid (the original
blue), this would be better.

Old January 7th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
justinetime

Oh, I didn't even think about that. Thank you. I do have that. He is
just too muddy so I will use that.
Thanks again.

Old January 7th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

montana wildhack wrote in
news:[email protected]:

Any castile soap is excellent. You may have to look for it, but
it's much better than most soap.

Yep. You can often find it in grocery stores, in bar form. One of
the things I really like about it for bathing dogs is that it suds
up easily and rinses very quickly and thoroughly. It's also just
about as gentle and hypoallergenic a soap as you can find.

I only mentioned Dr. Bronner's because I really like the
peppermint, um, flavor. It makes an excellent shower gel,
especially in the summer.

--
Shelly

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think its
forever.
-- Carl Sagan
Old January 8th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

on Sun, 07 Jan 2007 23:59:52 GMT, Shelly wrote:

I only mentioned Dr. Bronner's because I really like the
peppermint, um, flavor. It makes an excellent shower gel,
especially in the summer.

We use that, too. It's quite versatile. On camping trips I use it for
dish soap, body soap, shampoo if I'm lucky enough to wash my hair, and
toothpaste. It's great for bathing dogs, and the pepperment variety seems
to go a long way toward getting rid of doggy smells (at least it did on our
Lab, who had a particularly strong smell).

--
Lynne
Old January 8th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
jerryeveretts

Great advice, I have used this for years camping, I have a giant jug of
eucalyptus at home. I use this flavor becuase it tends to be especially
refreshing when bathing in a river. My Bassett Hound is especially
stinky with that 'hound dog' smell. I may give him the Dr Bronners
treatment.

Thanks a lot!