Solo thinks Rally is boring

Old January 9th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

Default Solo thinks Rally is boring

"ceb" wrote in message:

I know it might sound silly to you, but have you tried dancing with dogs
with Solo?

Solo has always appeared to me to be the brooding, tortured artist type.
All about purpose and deep thoughts. Not exactly the Benji of 'Dancing with
the Dogs'. Fly OTOH....

Suja

Old January 9th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara

"Suja" wrote in
:

"ceb" wrote in message:

I know it might sound silly to you, but have you tried dancing with
dogs with Solo?

Solo has always appeared to me to be the brooding, tortured artist
type. All about purpose and deep thoughts. Not exactly the Benji of
'Dancing with the Dogs'. Fly OTOH....

See? I think he'd be perfect. AND Melanie could be the first Freestyler who
choreographs to Morrisey.

Tara
Old January 10th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara

(Melanie L Chang) wrote in news:eo1ktu$5dgk$1
@netnews.upenn.edu:

I have seen a total of one person make freestyle look cool.

Got a link?

Tara
Old January 10th 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sionnach

"Melanie L Chang" wrote:

I have seen a total of one person make freestyle look cool.

I take it you've never seen Attila Szkukalek & his Fly doing their
"Gladiator" and "Charlie Chaplin" routines? Definitely not "ballroom dancing
crap" - among other things, the "Gladiator" routine incorporates modified
bitework - even if occasionally a bit hokey.

....going off to see if I can locate links....

Ah, here we go:

http://www.dogdance.net/english_vers...ips/clips.html

The "Western" and "Mary Poppins" routines are a bit less polished, and
somewhat on the cutesy side, but again, ballroom dancing they ain't.

Old January 13th 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paula

"Suja" wrote in
:

"ceb" wrote in message:

I know it might sound silly to you, but have you tried dancing with
dogs with Solo?

Solo has always appeared to me to be the brooding, tortured artist
type. All about purpose and deep thoughts. Not exactly the Benji of
'Dancing with the Dogs'. Fly OTOH....

Suja

He could be the lyrical dancer of the show, with all the emotion poured
into dancing to something like Starry Starry Night in honor of tortured
artistic types.

Paula
Old January 14th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara

(Melanie L Chang) wrote in
:

Sionnach ) wrote:

: Ah, here we go:

:
http://www.dogdance.net/english_vers...ips/clips.html

: The "Western" and "Mary Poppins" routines are a bit less polished,
: and somewhat on the cutesy side, but again, ballroom dancing they
: ain't.

I've seen him -- you're right, they're amazing, and impressive, and
fast, and fun...

... but...

He's wearing a gladiator outfit. And the dog wears a matching collar.

I just can't.

I forgot to reply to this when it came up, but:

On this one, I have to go with the "But he's wearing...."

In fact, it took me several moments to even realize there was a dog
involved.

BUT, I am now determined to eventually come up with the first ever
Freestyle Dance routine that is not completely retarded (sorry folks).
I've only come up with the roughest of ideas....the basis of which
follows these basic rules:
1) Thou shalt not try to do an interpretive dance to the lyrics of the
song
2) thou shalt not over-act
3) thou shalt not dress like a total dork.

I'm sure I'll come up with more, but that's my starting point. Look for
the unveiling in a couple of years.

Tara