Let the weaning begin

Old January 10th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy

Default Let the weaning begin

in thread news:2007011018173616807-montana@wildhackcominvalid: montana
wildhack whittled the following words:

On 2007-01-10 14:19:45 -0500, diddy said:

Interesting, I wouldn't have started on hard food quite yet, but I
guess it's ok

I had fed the puppies and threw in dry food for Neo. Everybody was
feeding and feeling pretty happy about the whole thing and the puppies
were quite enthusiastic. I figured if they worked their little jaws and
teeth on the dry food, they might not chew so hard on Neo. Or maybe
they would chew harder on Neo and she would decide she was done. Either
way, it didn't seem like a bad idea as long as everybody was eating.

Since they like the dry kibble and they're visiting the water dish
regularly, I think they're ok. They still get moistened kibble but
tonight it was obvious that they prefer the dry. I expect to continue
to add different things to the kibble, but they don't mind having some
dry food available to free feed on...

Sounds good! If it's a solution it's great. No reason why not? Maybe they
are neat freaks and like less mess? Less mess is good news for montana.

Food weaning vboy Dog behavior 0 September 11th 04 05:43 AM
need help: puppy nurses clothing and toys after weaning Ken Bower Dog behavior 3 April 4th 04 04:15 PM
need help: puppy nurses clothing and toys after weaning Ken Bower Dog behavior 0 April 3rd 04 04:16 PM
need help: puppy nurses clothing and toys after weaning Ken Bower Dog behavior 0 April 3rd 04 04:16 PM
weaning pups [email protected] Dog health 0 March 3rd 04 12:20 PM