How can someone not like puppy breath??

Old January 12th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

Default How can someone not like puppy breath??

I just met the cutest little 8 week old GSD-mix pup at the Humane Society.
There was a really nice family thinking about adopting him. When I was
holding the pup, he licked my nose and I said, "ooooooh, puppy breath!!"
The husband said, "oh I am not a fan of puppy breath. I'll be brushing
those teeth."

Other than that, they seemed like a good family for the little guy.

--
Lynne
Old January 12th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

I just met the cutest little 8 week old GSD-mix pup at the Humane Society.

And just what were YOU doing there????? Thinking about another dog again?*

*I still know a handsome Weim for sale...(well, free to good home)

Old January 12th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Fri, 12 Jan 2007 01:50:24 GMT, "MauiJNP" wrote:

And just what were YOU doing there????? Thinking about another dog
again?*

Nah, we were just buying supplies. The Humane Society has space in the
feed store we use, and we always play with all the dogs and cats.

*I still know a handsome Weim for sale...(well, free to good home)

ACK! You know that's one of my weaknesses!! One of many, apparently.
There was a GORGEOUS black GSD bitch there. She came from a breeder in
Germany and was a complete stunner. I could barely keep my hands off of
her, and she was super accomodating.

Roxy knows I was cheating on her, though, hehe.

--
Lynne
Old January 12th 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Drachen

Hee hee hee... I have always wanted to get a rottie, or a great dane... as a
companion to be spoiled rotten of course... and here I'm at the spca here
and there was a great dane rottie mix... size of a great dane, but a bit
thicker like a rottie, face of a dane those weepy eye looks, and a slightly
shorter snout, and all the rottie markings... it was a beautiful and I mean
BEAUTIFUL looking dog... and so nice... I avoided that cage soooooo much....
but I noticed that it was gone within a week, so I'm glad...

I can't have dogs where I live... just a working one... which is more than a
handful as it is with such a smallish back yard...

I really have to avoid going there... sigh...

but I'm gonna start volunteering there...

m...

Old January 12th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Fri, 12 Jan 2007 03:00:29 GMT, montana wildhack
wrote:

He's trying to become immune.

Oh I couldn't get enough. What's worse is that when I put him down to meet
the GSD and talk with her owner, the little pup sat there looking up at me
from the pen, crying woefully. So of course I had to pick him up again.
(I reluctantly let my daughter hold him, too.)

There's no excuse for you cheating on our puppies, though.

I blame you for my need to make an unnecessary trip to the feed store under
the premise of buying supplies!

--
Lynne
Old January 12th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Fri, 12 Jan 2007 03:59:50 GMT, montana wildhack
wrote:

x5

quit pulling on my heart strings, dammit!!

Oh, and "awwwwwwwwwwww!"

--
Lynne
Old January 12th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Fri, 12 Jan 2007 04:23:12 GMT, montana wildhack
wrote:

We have five good
homes to find. It's funny, but in a deadly seri0us kind of way.

How's that going? Do you have any definites yet?

--
Lynne
Old January 12th 07, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Drachen

I live in a low rental community, one block of townhouses, no pets allowed,
unless they are caged... *they did have pets allowed about 3 years before I
moved in, however one woman used her crawlspace as a kitty litter box, and
really had no clue how to care for a pet, so they disallowed them, except
for the one woman who has a cat because she had it before the ban*... and
one woman who is abusing the policy for her daughter... Ican't stand this
woman, who has a chiuaua and says its a 'working dog' because her daughter
use to have seizures when she was little... she's 9 now, and has blatently
told everyone that she'll sue if she can't keep the dog and that it was a
gift from her boyfrined... arghghghghg.... but I digress...

I have three caged rabbits who love to roam and chase the dog, and I have a
working dog for my son...

I also have a tendency to go off topic... *G*

I'm hoping to be able to maintain regular income, although thus far its all
been contract work it has been consistent... and eventually I can save
enough to purchase a house and be able to afford one or two more dogs in the
house... *G*... I love dog training...

"diddy" wrote in message
in thread : "Drachen"
whittled the following words:

I can't have dogs where I live... just a working one... which is more
than a handful as it is with such a smallish back yard...

If I'm interpreting this correctly, you may only have service dogs where
you are?

Old January 12th 07, 01:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet B

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 22:00:29 -0500, montana wildhack
, clicked their heels and said:

There's no excuse for you cheating on our puppies, though.

Not even cuddling the little girl puppy that was abanadoned in the
shelter parking lot yesterday afternoon? Before checking, I named her
Martin, in honor of Dr King's birthday, but once SHE rolled over, we
changed that to Martina! ;-D

She was left in a crate with food and water and a bag of puppy chose
next to her. But it was in the 30's and the poor thing had no idea
what happened to her. She is an excellent kisser and too cute for
words (lab maybe pittie mix - fox red type color - very cute!). She
was a great snuggler too.

--
Janet Boss
Old January 12th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:07:58 GMT, montana wildhack

On 2007-01-11 23:31:57 -0500, Lynne said:

How's that going? Do you have any definites yet?

Sadly, no definite answers for that.

Oh, dear, that's not good news. Maybe now is the time to consider working
with a local all breed rescue to help you find and screen potential
adopters. They might even have a couple of foster families who like to
foster puppies, in case you don't place them all when they are ready.

Hang in there, Montana.

--
Lynne