Remedy for Chronic Bronchitis

Old January 12th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Gerry

Default Remedy for Chronic Bronchitis

I have a lovely Irish Water Spaniel who has developed bad Bronchitis. We
give her courses of antibiotics every so often but she cant be on those all
the time. She is about 9 years old now. We have had her x-rayed and the
problem is evident.

She has good periods but then her lungs fill up with fluid an she goes
through periods where she throws up all food and a lot of choking.

We have tried a lot of other suggestions including honey and Thyme juice but
nothing has really worked well.

Does anyone have any natural remedy that would make her life more bearable
without any lasting damage?

Many thanks.

Gerry

Old January 13th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Gerry" wrote in message
I have a lovely Irish Water Spaniel who has developed bad Bronchitis. We
give her courses of antibiotics every so often but she cant be on those

all
the time. She is about 9 years old now. We have had her x-rayed and the
problem is evident.

She has good periods but then her lungs fill up with fluid an she goes
through periods where she throws up all food and a lot of choking.

.........I'd try both Quercitin with bromelain, which breaks up congestion
and CoQ10, which oxygenates the blood, lessening the load on her heart. Are
you sure her heart isn't also affected? Maybe put her on short courses of
olive leaf extract, which takes care of viruses and bacteria. Adding good
fatty fish like salmon or sardines to her food a few times a week might also
help.

Old January 30th 07, 11:26 PM
cammyuk cammyuk is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry
I have a lovely Irish Water Spaniel who has developed bad Bronchitis. We
give her courses of antibiotics every so often but she cant be on those all
the time. She is about 9 years old now. We have had her x-rayed and the
problem is evident.

She has good periods but then her lungs fill up with fluid an she goes
through periods where she throws up all food and a lot of choking.

We have tried a lot of other suggestions including honey and Thyme juice but
nothing has really worked well.

Does anyone have any natural remedy that would make her life more bearable
without any lasting damage?

Many thanks.

Gerry

HI Ihave a 4 year old spaniel that was diagnosed with asthma nearly 2 years ago , he was on steroids for 8 months with no break,but was taken off because of side effects,
He was given bronichail wash and had a 50% infected result.
I changed vets and now they done an xray and has found that he has s everal spots of thickening on his lungs,
I really think the vet now wants to put him back on steroids, as he is on inhalers ,but she said it is,nt reaching the depths of his lungs , I really dont know what to do.i wonder is it worth the side effects = 10-15 mins of coughing and wheezing 4 out of 5 days , does anyone else have a dog with this problem, i would be most grateful for any advice?? thank you

Herbal Remedy Dosage? Dog with Bronchitis (Help!) [email protected] Dog health 3 November 14th 06 12:11 AM
Rescue Remedy DollarBill Dog behavior 3 March 29th 05 01:10 PM
homemade remedy for furbiting MauiJNP Dog behavior 2 January 5th 05 09:27 PM
Rescue Remedy NanK Dog behavior 15 October 3rd 03 06:05 PM
Rescue Remedy NanK Dog behavior 0 September 19th 03 12:31 AM