Guessing age,breeds,size of rescue dog HELP

Old October 28th 03, 08:49 PM
QuirkySue

Default Guessing age,breeds,size of rescue dog HELP

Opinions and best guesses appreciated!

Please look at the pictures and give me a guess on her possible breed
mix!
http://www.countrycornercrafts.com/red.html

?'s: When do dogs' adult canines emerge? The rescue group has
estimated her age at 5-7 months since she is getting her adult canine
teeth - is this an accurate estimate?

Possible future size if she now wieghs 22lbs? At what age do dogs
usually reach full adult size and wieght?

We love her already and just want to know what to expect down the
road.
THANKS!
Old October 29th 03, 12:48 AM
The Youngs

"QuirkySue" wrote in message
om...
Opinions and best guesses appreciated!

Please look at the pictures and give me a guess on her possible breed
mix!
http://www.countrycornercrafts.com/red.html

?'s: When do dogs' adult canines emerge? The rescue group has
estimated her age at 5-7 months since she is getting her adult canine
teeth - is this an accurate estimate?

Possible future size if she now wieghs 22lbs? At what age do dogs
usually reach full adult size and wieght?

We love her already and just want to know what to expect down the
road.
THANKS!

It's hard to tell from only one picture, but she looks as if she could
have some golden retriever in her.

Old October 29th 03, 03:05 AM
Jo Wolf

Betcha there's some Golden Retriever in there...

Yes, it's a good rough estimate for age because most dogs get their
adult teeth in that two month range.....

Dogs get most (70-ish%?) by about 6 months (except for giant breeds...
may not be quite as much), then gain adult height, weight and "shape",
plus coat, and mental maturity up to about the age of 3 years... less
time for smaller breeds.... But the changes after about 6 months are
much slower.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia