Is it wrong to laugh...

Old January 16th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Default Is it wrong to laugh...

....when you throw a tennis ball for the dog, she misses it, it
bounces off the wall and hits the dog in the butt, and she jumps
ten feet into the air?

Also, there are few things funnier than watching a Boxer trying to
chase her, um, tail.

--
Shelly

My business is circumference.
-- Emily Dickenson
Old January 17th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:49:04 GMT, Shelly wrote:

...when you throw a tennis ball for the dog, she misses it, it
bounces off the wall and hits the dog in the butt, and she jumps
ten feet into the air?

Also, there are few things funnier than watching a Boxer trying to
chase her, um, tail.

It's never wrong to laugh. HTH!

--
Lynne
Old January 17th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Shelly" wrote in message:

Also, there are few things funnier than watching a Boxer trying to
chase her, um, tail.

Nevah! Pan chases her tail on occasion, purely to get a reaction out of the
crowd. You can tell that she's watching.

I cranked up the volume and watched this today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkDPcfD9OLg Both dogs came running. Khan
lost interest quickly, a lot faster than he lost interest in Montana's
puppies. Pan OTOH, was absolutely mesmerized. She stood there with her
head cocked. Then, she walked around my chair and tried to get to the
speakers. After I stopped the video, she continued to pace, first checking
the office, and then the toy basket, just in case I have stuffed a new toy
and a new dog in there. Then she came back to me for some lovin'. Maybe
needed some assurance that I'm not sneaking dogs by her when she's not
looking.

Suja

Old January 17th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

...when you throw a tennis ball for the dog, she misses it, it
bounces off the wall and hits the dog in the butt, and she jumps
ten feet into the air?

Also, there are few things funnier than watching a Boxer trying to
chase her, um, tail.

wrong? no.

required? most definately!

Old January 17th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Suja wrote:

Nevah! Pan chases her tail on occasion, purely to get a reaction out of the
crowd. You can tell that she's watching.

Yes, but Pan *has* a tail to chase.

I cranked up the volume and watched this today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkDPcfD9OLg

Sweet fancy Jeebus! Harriet makes some weird vocalizations when
she's in toy destruction mode, but *nothing* like that. Wow.

Then she came back to me for some lovin'. Maybe
needed some assurance that I'm not sneaking dogs by her when she's not
looking.

Poor Pan.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old January 17th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"shelly" wrote in message:

Yes, but Pan *has* a tail to chase.

For Harriet, it must be eXtreme Kidney Beaning.

Sweet fancy Jeebus! Harriet makes some weird vocalizations when
she's in toy destruction mode, but *nothing* like that. Wow.

Yeah, the sound effects are something else. Did you get a rise out of Ms.
Brown?

Poor Pan.

I'm such a meanie that I played it again last night. Twice. Pan is
endlessly fascinated, and a little distressed by it. She watches and
listens, then starts pawing at whatever happens to be near her foot. She
even sat and made chewbacca noises (she'll do it when she *really* wants
something). She was checking under the desk, below the monitor. Even
pulled out my shoes from under there and checked inside them. She's
probably convinced that there is an invisible dog living under there
somewhere.

Suja

Desperate to find convincing info that father-in-law has chosen wrong breed with adopted Weimaraner [ninnyboy] [jerry] [email protected] Dog behavior 0 January 10th 06 10:57 AM
To All Dog Owners CB Dogs - general 3 July 31st 05 09:48 AM
Do Dogs Laugh? camocarmen Dog behavior 0 June 5th 04 01:17 AM
Do Dogs Laugh? camocarmen Dog behavior 0 June 5th 04 01:17 AM
Puppy growth and behavior (aka Am I doing something wrong??) Aaron Dog behavior 2 July 28th 03 09:33 PM