Hair

Old January 17th 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Hair

One of the things I recall folks telling me, after Elliott died, was
that I'd find tufts of his hair in weird places for months to come.
They were right, but I was prepared for that. When I moved last
fall, I found all sorts of Elliott tufts under and behind things
that hadn't been moved in years.

Well, just this minute, I found one of his hairs woven into the
fabric of my hoodie! This stupid jacket has been washed probably a
dozen times since he died--it's about to fall apart. I can't
imagine how one of his hairs could still be stuck in the fibers.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old January 17th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Terri wrote:
Alsoalso, your subject gave me this earworm which I feel it's only
fair to sha

Thank heavens! I've been earworming "My Bumps" for nearly a
week and it's been driving me nuts. "Hair" is way better -
hope it sticks.

Old January 17th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Melinda Shore wrote:

Thank heavens! I've been earworming "My Bumps" for nearly a
week and it's been driving me nuts.

There are times that being completely uncool and out of it is a
blessing.

"Hair" is way better - hope it sticks.

If it were Boxer hair, it'd be guaranteed to.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old January 17th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Terri wrote:

I recently wore an old jacket I haven't worn in 15 years. I found a hair
from Champ, who has been dead since 1994. He was the only black and tan
GSD I had-the hair was unmistakably his. I've been packing that hair for
22 years and thousands of miles.

*That* is impressive, in a CSI sort of way.

I ought to encase it in lucite!

You laugh, but...! I wrapped the hair in a piece of paper and
stuffed it down in a pocket of my bag. It's going into a journal
when I get home.

* While I'm at it, a report on my microfabric sofa and chairs after
having them for 3 years reveals there are no hairs that have managed
to weave their way into the material no matter how many times Mojo
and Luke used to wallow on them.

Truly?! My mom has a red microfiber sofa and love seat combo. She
always covers it up when Harriet visits, because everyone there is
allergic to dogs and she doesn't want hair and dander getting all
over it. So, I've never had a chance to gage its magical hair
repelling powers. One of these days, I'll have to replace my
ancient, ass ugly fouton. Leather would wear nicely, but I'd rather
not have a large bovine inhabiting my living room. Microfiber,
though, might be an option.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old January 17th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
shelly wrote:
There are times that being completely uncool and out of it is a
blessing.

What are you gonna do with all that junk,
All that junk inside your trunk?
My bumps, my bumps,
My lovely lady lumps.

"Hair" is way better - hope it sticks.

If it were Boxer hair, it'd be guaranteed to.

I've got six dogs blowing coat at the moment, and while I'm
sympathetic to other people's dog hair situations, at the
moment that sympathy is a little compromised.

Old January 17th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

montana wildhack wrote:

I come across Doodle hair every now and then. Tracy permanently
discolored the office carper (white carpet + black Lab) so that's a
daily reminder.

Oh my! I knew a couple who redecorated their house to match their
dogs. I always thought that was a nice antidote to the umpty
stories about people dumping their dogs because they'd redecorated
and the dogs no longer matched the furniture. The couple had redone
everything in a soft cream color, which seemed like madness, but
they had a buff Cocker and a yellow Lab.

And then there are people like me, who just can't be bothered to
care (this is obviously an oldie, but *ohmygod look at the carpet*):

http://cat-sidh.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-1360

You'd think a pattern that busy would hide everything, but the
opposite ended up being true.

But the Spencer hairs... I miss our boy.

I know what you mean. This is the first time I've encountered one
of his hairs, and it *did* make me a little sad. I miss him, and I
miss having a goofy boydog around the house.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old January 17th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Melinda Shore wrote:

What are you gonna do with all that junk,
All that junk inside your trunk?
My bumps, my bumps,
My lovely lady lumps.

Um, thanks?

I've got six dogs blowing coat at the moment, and while I'm
sympathetic to other people's dog hair situations, at the
moment that sympathy is a little compromised.

That's not hair, that's a blizzard.

I'm betting though, that while it's impressive (and it is!), it
doesn't stick like Boxer hair *nor* does it attack with nasty,
spikey barbs.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old January 17th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Suja wrote:

I realize that you don't have the same long-nail problem we do, but
microfiber does tear a lot easier than leather. Also, I have a few Pan hair
embedded in mine, and the drool marks really show. I am surprised at the
amount of damage from very sparing use.

Duly noted! Miss Brown doesn't drool often, but when she does, it's
kind of impressive. Also, future dogs might not be quite so, um, tidy.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old January 17th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 2007-01-17 11:36:16 -0500, shelly said:

Also, future dogs might not be quite so, um, tidy.

Because Comet and Dancer are SUCH fuzzy boys?

Oh *no*, you din't! I've mentioned my No Puppies policy, right?
Because otherwise, Laughing Boy (Dancer, I believe) would be at the
top of my Must Have list. He reminds me so much of Elliott it *hurts*.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old January 17th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

montana wildhack wrote:

We could keep him until he's not a puppy any more... (just trying to be
helpful!).

YOU ARE NOT HELPING! That said, I really wish I knew someone who
was puppy hunting, because I'd love to watch him grow up. In
somebody else's house.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)