Short haired dogs

Old November 3rd 03, 01:41 AM
Agua Girl

Default Short haired dogs

I am currently holding two short haired dogs that were found
wandering the streets. I live in an area of So Cal recently
impacted by fires and while I don't think these dogs are
evacuee's, the situation has made the shelters so full that I
agreed to try and keep them until an owner can be found.
My question is: How well do dogs with short hair stay warm?
They look like maybe a dachshuns (sp) mix? One looks
older, perhaps 8 ish and the other looks around 4. They are
both really fat g so hopefully that will help. It should drop
down to high 40 or low 50's F tonight. I have one very pissed
cat and can't bring them in. I put up a kind of temporary shelter
and put some blankets out. Will they be ok?

--
AG

Old November 3rd 03, 08:22 PM
Charles Richmond

Agua Girl wrote:

I am currently holding two short haired dogs that were found
wandering the streets. I live in an area of So Cal recently
impacted by fires and while I don't think these dogs are
evacuee's, the situation has made the shelters so full that I
agreed to try and keep them until an owner can be found.
My question is: How well do dogs with short hair stay warm?
They look like maybe a dachshuns (sp) mix? One looks
older, perhaps 8 ish and the other looks around 4. They are
both really fat g so hopefully that will help. It should drop
down to high 40 or low 50's F tonight. I have one very pissed
cat and can't bring them in. I put up a kind of temporary shelter
and put some blankets out. Will they be ok?

It is good of you to take these two in temporarily. You might
find someplace in the house...like a utility room or washroom...
to put the two dogs, away from your cat who freaks out.

You should bring them to your local vet and have them checked
for microchips. Most veterinarians have machines that can read
the microchips, if the dogs have them. This will help you locate
the owner of these dogs.