Icy day exercise

Old January 21st 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

Default Icy day exercise

I got a laser for the cats and finally took it out of the package today.
The kitten went NUTS, and to my surprise, so did Roxy! I stood on a couch
and had the two of them tearing around in zig-zags and circles until my abs
couldn't take laughing anymore. I wish I had a video camera so we could
tape this craziness. Good times.

Too bad the the fat cat--the only inhabitant of this house who doesn't get
enough exercise--wasn't interested. He looked at the red dot, then up at
my hand, back at the dot, and then walked away in disgust.

--
Lynne
Old January 21st 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Lynne wrote in
m:

I got a laser for the cats and finally took it out of the
package today. The kitten went NUTS, and to my surprise, so did
Roxy!

Just be *very* careful. Please. I've heard too many stories about
dogs who got seriously OCD about lasers, to the point that the
laser affected their behavior even when it wasn't being used.

Too bad the the fat cat--the only inhabitant of this house who
doesn't get enough exercise--wasn't interested. He looked at
the red dot, then up at my hand, back at the dot, and then
walked away in disgust.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4hlq-3iq87w

Just sayin'...

--
Shelly

H is for Hector done in by a thug.
-- Edward Gorey, The Gashlycrumb Tinies
Old January 21st 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Sun, 21 Jan 2007 21:51:52 GMT, Shelly wrote:

Just be *very* careful. Please. I've heard too many stories about
dogs who got seriously OCD about lasers, to the point that the
laser affected their behavior even when it wasn't being used.

What do you mean? It sounds bad, and I definitely want to avoid it, but I
don't understand.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4hlq-3iq87w

Just sayin'...

Haha, excellent! I am building a gym in the basement, so maybe I'll put a
treadmill on the list of toys. I don't think he can handle the elliptical
machine we already have..

--
Lynne
Old January 21st 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Lynne wrote in
m:

What do you mean? It sounds bad, and I definitely want to avoid
it, but I don't understand.

The dog can get so intense about the laser, that it can actually
become obsessive about looking for lights, even when the laser is put
away. The thing is, you won't know if there's going to be a problem
until there is a problem, and once the damage is done, it can be
heartbreaking to fix it. *If* it can be fixed.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Con...P=A&A=2180&S=1
http://www.terrier.com/wwwboard/faq/flashlight2.htm

I don't think he can handle the elliptical machine we
already have..

How about a giant hamster ball?

--
Shelly

S is for Susan who perished of fits.
-- Edward Gorey, The Gashlycrumb Tinies
Old January 22nd 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Sun, 21 Jan 2007 22:59:09 GMT, Shelly wrote:

The dog can get so intense about the laser, that it can actually
become obsessive about looking for lights, even when the laser is put
away. The thing is, you won't know if there's going to be a problem
until there is a problem, and once the damage is done, it can be
heartbreaking to fix it. *If* it can be fixed.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Con...P=A&A=2180&S=1
http://www.terrier.com/wwwboard/faq/flashlight2.htm

Holy crap! Well the laser is now a cat-only toy. That is NOT a risk worth
taking.

I don't think he can handle the elliptical machine we
already have..

How about a giant hamster ball?

That would be GREAT for me, but somehow I don't think I would be able to
turn my back on him once I let him out.

--
Lynne
Old January 22nd 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Lynne" wrote in message:

I don't think he can handle the elliptical
machine we already have..

I'd pay good money to watch that...a fat, irate cate on an elliptical.
Could help pay for that treadmill. I'm just sayin'....

Suja

Old January 22nd 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

On Jan 22, 12:06 am, "Suja" wrote:

I'd pay good money to watch that...a fat, irate cate on an elliptical.
Could help pay for that treadmill. I'm just sayin'....

Hmmm... I'm thinking duct tape.