Scout

Old January 24th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Steve

Default Scout

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drummin...7594297937183/

Finally announcing our new pup Scout, a coon hound / probably rottie mix.
Never know for sure as the mother was found in a parking lot with 9 pups and
no father.

I havent had a puppy in 14 years. My other dog, Blue...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drummin/sets/274083/

is a coon hound / st. bernard and was already 2 when we rescued her so she
was easy, but boy, I completely forgot how tiring a puppy can be. I must have
blocked it out the first time around.

I am seeing signs that she could be a great dog though, and I'm hoping that
by the end of this year, she realizes she can sleep past 7 AM once in a
while.

FYI - Those pictures above were the first weekend at home and she is now 6-7
months old.

Old January 24th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Julia Altshuler

Steve wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/drummin...7594297937183/

Finally announcing our new pup Scout, a coon hound / probably rottie mix.
Never know for sure as the mother was found in a parking lot with 9 pups and
no father.

I thought we were all puppied out on this group, but I was wrong. Those
pix are wonderful. (Montana, Steve is gaining on you with puppy pix.
You want to keep up, don't you? You want to take a picture of each
puppy with a ribbon round its neck before it goes off to its home. You
want to post a photograph of the people with their puppy, too, right?)

--Lia

Old January 24th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"Steve" wrote in message
[...]

==========
That's what she looks like to me; a coonhound/rottie mix; very nice looking
dog; both of them are.

Old January 24th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:44:05 -0500, Julia Altshuler
wrote:

I thought we were all puppied out on this group

That is...like, even possible???

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
Old January 25th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Congratulations Scout on finding a great new home. I am sure Blue will
show you the ropes!!!!!
Good Luck Steve and family, I have enjoyed checking out your pics of
both your dogs!!!

Be Free.....Judy

Old January 25th 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Elizabeth B Naime

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:26:13 -0500, Steve
wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drummin...7594297937183/

Finally announcing our new pup Scout, a coon hound / probably rottie mix.
Never know for sure as the mother was found in a parking lot with 9 pups and
no father.

Are you SURE you took enough pictures? grin

No doubt he will grow up into a handsome dog, but right now the only
word is cute. No, wait. CUUUUUUTE!!11! With little hearts.

Despite knowing that Coonhounds are not small and St. Bernards are
considered a giant breed, I didn't grasp how BIG Blue is until I came
to the pictures with humans for comparison. That's a big dog! I'm used
to our Maximus, who is almost certainly half Dane and half Mastiff;
he's built differently than "normal sized" dogs, at least the ones I'm
most familiar with. Blue on the other hand has the proportions of a
coonhound or something like.

From the suspected mix, I'd expect Scout to be a big dog by some
folks' standards. In your home of course he will always be "the lil'
guy." Congratulations on the new addition and give Big Blue some extra
pettin's from me.
If you really need to email me, mow the lawn.