Dal needs a home

Old November 6th 03, 02:23 AM
News

Default Dal needs a home

I have a 3 yrs old deaf Dalmatian that I saved from the Orange County
Shelter a few years back. I'm having to relocate and with child support,
and the increase in rental expense I cannot afford to live in the pet
friendly apartments in my area. Time is running short for me, and I'm hoping
a rescue group or individual can take her in. She loves to run, and take car
rides to the store, trips, etc. She's great with kids, and other animals,
including cats. She is timid at first, until she warms up to you. She even
thinks she's a lap dog. If she sees you sitting down, she wants to get
close, and sits right on top of you She can be a bit territorial when on
a leash or chain when out in front with me, but I understand she's only
protecting her home. I have been trying to place her myself posting on
several Dal Web Sites, only to get few people interested, and later fall
out. I can't see that the only option I have is to put her down, as that's
what I've been hearing lately. I know someone out there can help her and
offer her something I cannot. Any assistance you can offerred is greatly
appreciated.

Kenny

Old November 7th 03, 07:40 PM
Scott

"News" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
[...]

Do a search on Google for Dalmatian Clubs and/or Dalmatian Rescues. You
will find what you need very quickly. Get the names and numbers of members
or induction teams. Call them. I am willing to bet you will get faster
results that way.

Good luck,

Scott

Old November 7th 03, 07:40 PM
Scott

news:Afiqb.74[email protected]

Old November 7th 03, 07:40 PM
Scott

news:[email protected]

Old November 7th 03, 07:40 PM
Scott

news:[email protected]

Old November 8th 03, 01:22 AM
News

Already tried this and the answer is always the same. ..."put her down" all
because of her disability (deafness) or there is no room available. I'm
trying all avenues to prevent this, and hopefully something will work out.

Old November 8th 03, 01:22 AM
News

Old November 8th 03, 01:22 AM
News

Old November 8th 03, 01:22 AM
News

Old November 8th 03, 07:09 AM
Ellie

I know this is a looong shot, but I had a friend who moved in to a one
bedroomed apartment that had a very strict "one dog under 30lbs" policy.
She had 2 Afghan Hounds. After talking to the apartment complex manager he
allowed her to keep the dogs if she paid a larger pet deposit. The
apartment complex was cheaper than the ones that were supposedly "pet
friendly", so you might try looking around to see if anyone will consider it
(if you tell them your story). Just a thought.

Also, perhaps you could rent a house and get a room mate to split the cost?
None of them are great solutions but at least it's better than having your
precious put to sleep.

I do hope you find a solution to the problem.

news:[email protected]