Some Buried Mastiff

Old January 30th 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Elizabeth B Naime

Default Some Buried Mastiff

If any of you are following, or TRYING to follow this story, here's an
article I found today:

http://www.fox10tv.com/global/story.asp?s=5940816

Looking worse and worse for the owners having some credible excuse.

Disquieting that the authorities are taking so long to bring charges,
but maybe they want to make sure their case is airtight. Be a bummer
to be sure you know who did it, and not be able to make it stick in
court.

--------------------------------------
If you really need to email me, mow the lawn.
Old February 1st 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Elizabeth,
I agree with you it is very disquieting that the investigation is
taking so long. I have read many articles about the Bull Mastiff that
was buried alive.
What could they possibly be investigating at this stage of the game?
He was buried on his owner's property. The owner's acknowledged he
belonged to them. So, what is the hold up? My guess they are trying to
discern whether he was buried alive and squirmed his way to the top or
was it a form of torture and he was buried upright with just his nose
sticking out to torture him?
My theory is that the owner said he thought the dog was dead and did
not hear him cry and whine for 8-12 hours as the neighbors did? How
will they be able to disprove that??
The HSUS has offered a 2500.00 reward for information.
The only good news is that I feel confident that the owner won't get
the dog back and that there are a dozen people that want him.

Be Free.....Judy