Letting go of puppies

Old January 30th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

Default Letting go of puppies

In article 2007012921400550073-montana@wildhackcominvalid,
montana wildhack wrote:

I finally posted the new pictures of Dancer==Cosmo.

I've already posted what we heard from parents so far.

Meanwhile, Ling-Ling is scampering up and down stairs (not the tile
stairs, yet - and we're glad, as they lead to the open basement stairs
and outside - she can wait a day or two) like a big dog.

Actually, not that she's on her own, she's just like a miniature dog.
She knows a lot of basic commands, and more every day.

What a difference having only one puppy, and we are VERY different
puppy people than we were five and a half years ago with Bella. She was
not well socialized and has always leaned towards the fearful side.
After spending so much time (now) with Ling-Ling, I feel kind of
short-changed on behalf of Bella.

This girl is a totally different experience. She's very calm, she's
fearless, she fits right in and she's already a very nice companion.
Oh, and she doesn't try to nurse on mom, but mom won't leave _her_
alone!

Testing using MTNewsreader, which I have not quite figured out! The
newsreader learning curve is not my strong point.