help! my poor yorkies paws!!!

Old January 31st 07, 10:49 PM
lindsay lindsay is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy help! my poor yorkies paws!!!

my little 4 lb yorkie loves to play in the snow with her younger much much bigger brother, a bernese mountain dog. she was playing in the snow today, and when she came inside i noticed blood prints all over the floor. when i looked, the little paddings on her feet were bleeding, and some places the black was gone completely pink. i don't really know what to do, or how concerned i should be, does it heal back fast??? if anyone has any idea for what i can do pls let me know. the vet is closed for the day!
Old February 1st 07, 01:19 AM
Chester's Mom Chester's Mom is offline
Junior Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay
my little 4 lb yorkie loves to play in the snow with her younger much much bigger brother, a bernese mountain dog. she was playing in the snow today, and when she came inside i noticed blood prints all over the floor. when i looked, the little paddings on her feet were bleeding, and some places the black was gone completely pink. i don't really know what to do, or how concerned i should be, does it heal back fast??? if anyone has any idea for what i can do pls let me know. the vet is closed for the day!
Awww... poor baby! Try massaging some petrolium jelly into the pads. It won't hurt her if she licks them (as long as you don't over do it) and will provide some protection when she goes out to potty. (Skiers use it on their faces for protection.) Just don't let her stay out for long periods of time while it's still snowy. There are boots made for doggies with tender feet, too. This may be the best long term solution as long as you can get her to keep them on!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

Will Rogers, 1897-1935

PAWS Amy Dahl Dog behavior 1 November 18th 06 04:00 PM
Bald lumps on top of paws Puddin' Man Dog health 2 September 13th 06 10:30 PM
Swelling on paws Puddin' Man Dog health 3 October 9th 05 08:32 PM
Instant Review: Frosty Paws shelly Dog behavior 10 September 13th 03 01:37 AM
Instant Review: Frosty Paws shelly Dog behavior 0 September 11th 03 01:47 PM