brattiness temporarily resolved by...

Old February 2nd 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

Default brattiness temporarily resolved by...

SNOW! Beautiful, funderful, snow!!

It's about time.

I love watching her silly ass run around in that stuff.

--
Lynne
Old February 2nd 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

Lynne wrote in
m:

SNOW! Beautiful, funderful, snow!!

It's about time.

I love watching her silly ass run around in that stuff.

Yes, but what's even more fun?

Watching three silly dogs run around in the snow!

Helpfully,

Catherine
PS Not that we have any snow.

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old February 2nd 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Fri, 02 Feb 2007 20:24:32 GMT, ceb wrote:

Yes, but what's even more fun?

Watching three silly dogs run around in the snow!

How much is my daughter paying you??

--
Lynne
Old February 2nd 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
ceb wrote:

Yes, but what's even more fun?

Watching three silly dogs run around in the snow!

YUP! It's SLEETING as well as snowing at the moment. Not so pleasant,
but the dogs like it!

--
Janet Boss
Old February 2nd 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

Lynne wrote in
m:

wrote:

Yes, but what's even more fun?

Watching three silly dogs run around in the snow!

How much is my daughter paying you??

Plenty, I can tell you that.

Actually, I'm always on the side of the kid who wants the dog.

True story of how I got my first dog: In junior high, a friend and I
somehow got it into our heads that we would like to own Old English
Sheepdogs -- we just thought they were the cutest things EVAR. So we
waged an all-out campaign to convince our parents to buy one. It must
have been annoying, because my parents eventually told me that I could
have one if I could pay for the dog myself. This was around 1972 --
OESdogs cost, I think, $100-150, something like that. It was an ungodly
amount of money at that time. But I babysat a lot, and I started saving
my money instead of spending it. I even gave it to my father to hold
onto so that I wouldn't spend it. We kept an account on a piece of
paper. I picked up as many babysitting jobs as I could (somehow I doubt
that people leave their children with 12 or 13 year olds anymore, and
sometimes I shudder when I think of what might have gone wrong, but
nothing ever did) and managed to save the exorbitant sum of $40. At this
point, my parents began to panic, because it looked like I would be able
to save up and they would have to honor their promise -- which they only
made because they thought there was no way I'd be able to save the
money. They had no interest in living with an Old English Sheepdog, so
they made me a deal: I could keep my money and they would buy me a dog,
but the dog they would buy would be a Cairn terrier.

And that is the story of how I got Kilty, the best little Cairn pup in
the world.

Old February 2nd 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Fri, 02 Feb 2007 21:15:20 GMT, ceb wrote:

And that is the story of how I got Kilty, the best little Cairn pup in
the world.

That's a great story!

What's really scary is that my 11 year old daughter is usually the type to
spend money as soon as she gets it has managed to save $160 so far toward
the purchase price of a puppy...

Dog help me!!

--
Lynne
Old February 2nd 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

Lynne wrote in
m:

What's really scary is that my 11 year old daughter is usually the
type to spend money as soon as she gets it has managed to save $160 so
far toward the purchase price of a puppy...

Dog help me!!

Kids. They're wily.

Old February 2nd 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy

in thread m: Lynne
whittled the following words:

wrote:

And that is the story of how I got Kilty, the best little Cairn pup
in the world.

That's a great story!

What's really scary is that my 11 year old daughter is usually the
type to spend money as soon as she gets it has managed to save $160 so
far toward the purchase price of a puppy...

Dog help me!!

Was that a part of a bargain? If so, does she know that vet bills, dog
food, dog supplies, and doggy school average about $1500 a year? The
purchase price is just the beginning, and she's still got a lot of saving
to do. Figure more the the first year for several puppy collars, multiple
vet visits, VAX etc. Don't forget heartworm and dog licenses figured in.
Provide the estimate and let her keep saving.
Old February 3rd 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Lynne" wrote in message:

What's really scary is that my 11 year old daughter is usually the type to
spend money as soon as she gets it has managed to save $160 so far toward
the purchase price of a puppy...

And once she's ready, you can tell her to start her breeder research, and
since it is highly unlikely that a good breeder is going to have a litter on
the ground, she'll have to wait anyway and ....

Between all that, she'll probably be 18 by the time she sees a pup.

Suja

Old February 3rd 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Sat, 03 Feb 2007 01:46:07 GMT, "Suja" wrote:

And once she's ready, you can tell her to start her breeder research,
and since it is highly unlikely that a good breeder is going to have a
litter on the ground, she'll have to wait anyway and ....

Well.... I've already done all that.

I'm on a waiting list for a pup that is due to be born any day now!! My
daughter has no clue. Assuming they will have a pet quality male for me,
she'll be disappointed to learn that this dog will be MINE. I'm mean that
way.

Between all that, she'll probably be 18 by the time she sees a pup.

There is just no way I can wait that long!

--
Lynne