Dogs Nails

Old February 6th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
shesand

Default Dogs Nails

I have a minautre chihuahua and I haven't had the chance to cut his
claws. I noticed that two are twisted together. He won't let me
untwist them. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Old February 6th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article om,
"shesand" wrote:

I have a minautre chihuahua and I haven't had the chance to cut his
claws. I noticed that two are twisted together. He won't let me
untwist them. Does anyone have any suggestions???

vet

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old February 6th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
shesand

On Feb 5, 7:56 pm, Janet Boss
wrote:
In article om,

"shesand" wrote:
I have a minautre chihuahua and I haven't had the chance to cut his
claws. I noticed that two are twisted together. He won't let me
untwist them. Does anyone have any suggestions???

vet

--
Janet Bosswww.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

that's what I thought, but I was trying to avoid that....

Old February 6th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Spot

It sounds like you avoid trimming his nails to. Routine nail care should
not be avoided. Even if you have to take the dog to the vet or groomers to
get the nails cut it must be done. I have a dog who hates to have his nails
cut and will bite and snapp if I try it myself. I have just resigned myself
to the fact that we go to the vets every time they need trimmed.

Celeste

"shesand" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 5, 7:56 pm, Janet Boss
wrote:
In article om,

Old February 6th 07, 12:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Robin Nuttall

shesand wrote:

On Feb 5, 7:56 pm, Janet Boss
wrote:

In article om,

"shesand" wrote:

I have a minautre chihuahua and I haven't had the chance to cut his
claws. I noticed that two are twisted together. He won't let me
untwist them. Does anyone have any suggestions???

vet

--
Janet Bosswww.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

that's what I thought, but I was trying to avoid that....

If you hadn't avoided trimming his nails for so long you wouldn't have
to go to the vet because his nails would be trimmed. Now you have no
choice. The dog has to be in tremendous pain with his nails so long they
are twisted together. Take him now, pay the price for your careless
ownership, and then work on getting him to accept YOU trimming his nails.

Old February 6th 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Susan Fraser

Take him now, pay the price for your careless
ownership, and then work on getting him to accept YOU trimming his nails.

Or teach him to file his own nails:

http://www.shirleychong.com/keepers/nailfile.html

SF

Old February 8th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Mirelle

Default JERRY HOWE/SLIME COWARD SADISTIC PEDOPHILE with a NON MANUAL

On Feb 7, 6:17 pm,
Human_And_Animal_Behavior_Forensic_Sciences_Resear
wrote:
HOWEDY shesand,

JERRY HOWE/SLIME COWARD SADISTIC PEDOPHILE with a NON MANUAL

Wrote Blah Blah Blah....

Mirelle

Old February 9th 07, 08:28 PM
Azuckar Azuckar is offline
Junior Member

[quote=shesand]I have a minautre chihuahua and I haven't had the chance to cut his
claws. I noticed that two are twisted together. He won't let me
untwist them. Does anyone have any suggestions???[/QUOTE

I actually have two chihuahuas and they are the bright spot of my life. We use cat nail clippers for my little ones. My oldest of 13 years and weighs 4 pounds toe nails like to curl and get back into the toes. We have check her every week and then my 5 year old 2.5 pound black and white. The cat lnail clippers doe not seem to split the nails like the normal dog clippers. I have to admit when I brought home my first chihuahua I did not know the nails would do that. I hope this is of help/