suddenly paralysed

Old February 6th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default suddenly paralysed

Hello eveybody
I am desperate for some kind of help. 10 days ago my 9 year old
weimeraner stopped walking
She had been ok until then I say ok because up until october 29 2004
hurricane willma she was an indoor dog along with her sister and
brother 2 other weimers.but the hurricane took our home and we are
living in a trailer behind what used to be our home and the 3 dogs had
to quickly adjust to outdoor living. withen 6 months she gained 30
pounds I brought her to a vet which said she had a high thyroid I gave
it to her for 3 months with no results
She had been fine until 10 days ago when she just collapsed, no
throwing up or anything else
we brought her to the ER she stayed 5 days they tested her for
everything along with her thyroid the only thing they found was that
she was diabetic! When we first arrived to the ER I asked the doctors
if they would run a toxology on her they said it wasnt that but the
more I read the more it looks like it could be botulism since we are
living in a trailer and I have seen all kinds of things under that
trailer! I have cows as neigbors. anyways now that the last test which
was myasthenia gravis came back negative they say now that it looks
like botulism! does anybody out there know how long she will be
paralysed for and is there any help she weighs 125 pounds which is
making it a little difficult,although she is soooo sweet she does
whatever she can to help, when I go to put on her vest she pulls
herself up with her elbows and if she has to go pee pee she will bark
to let me know! She is very high in spirits and I would be so sad if
if if. Please help me