Alaskan Malamutes

Old February 8th 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
hudson1

Default Alaskan Malamutes

Is it correct that blue eyes on alaskan Malamutes is not on the breed
standards list?

Many Thanks

Old February 8th 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

In article . com,
hudson1 wrote:
Is it correct that blue eyes on alaskan Malamutes is not on the breed
standards list?

It's considered a disqualification in the AKC (don't know
about other countries). But really, if a Malamute has blue
eyes it's highly probable that there's a Siberian Husky
lurking in there somewhere.

If you can't say it clearly, you don't understand it yourself -- John Searle
Old February 8th 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Shelly

hudson1 wrote:
Is it correct that blue eyes on alaskan Malamutes is not on the breed
standards list?

Which breed standard? The AKC is perfectly clear on the subject of
blue eyes:

http://www.akc.org/breeds/alaskan_malamute/index.cfm

--
Shelly
Old February 8th 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Shelly

montana wildhack wrote:

The tortured grammar of the original question makes it difficult to
understand. It is correct that blue eyes in a Malamute are excluded from
the breed standard and are therefore cause for disqualification in
conformation.

Ayup! Melinda's had a sig in rotation lately that addresses this
very issue.

--
Shelly
Old February 8th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
hudson1

I was instructed to join this site as part of my course. I was
informed that newsgroups where helpful source of information. Today
was the first time I used it and unfortunately I didn't realise that
there were rude and sarcastic people within these groups.

If you did not understand my original question you could have asked me
to reiterate it etc! Without having to be so rude. I am surprised that
individuals even post their questions on here with people such as you
so quick to insult!

I would like to say thank you for the people that answered my question
politely and very much appreciate it.

Old February 8th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

In article .com,
hudson1 wrote:
I would like to say thank you for the people that answered my question
politely and very much appreciate it.

Much of my work is with non-native English speakers so I'm
used to parsing unusual constructions.

If you can't say it clearly, you don't understand it yourself -- John Searle
Old February 8th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Shelly

hudson1 wrote:
I was instructed to join this site as part of my course.

Your instructor should have informed you that this is not a "site."
It is a newsgroup, and as such, it is not something you can "join."

I was
informed that newsgroups where helpful source of information.

They can be. Your question *was* answered, wasn't it?

Today
was the first time I used it and unfortunately I didn't realise that
there were rude and sarcastic people within these groups.

Most newsgroups, including this one, are unmoderated. There are no
niceness police here, nor is there currently a job vacancy in that
department.

If you did not understand my original question you could have asked me
to reiterate it etc! Without having to be so rude. I am surprised that
individuals even post their questions on here with people such as you
so quick to insult!

If your skin is that thin, this is probably not a suitable forum for
you. There are hundreds of moderated dog-related mail-based groups
you could subscribe to, if you require a less anarchic experience.

Shelly
Old February 8th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
hudson1

My mistake, I suppose I just expect everyone to be well mannered to a
certain degree and not so picky! especially on something so trivial.

Anyways it has enlightened my day at work!

Thanks Guys.