Husky cam!

Old February 8th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

Default Husky cam!

It's so nice to see SNOW for a change. Are you having trouble getting them
to come indoors?

--
Lynne
Old February 8th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Lynne wrote:
It's so nice to see SNOW for a change. Are you having trouble getting them
to come indoors?

As a matter of fact, I am, at least today. It's been pretty
cold and when it's windy they aren't quite as gung-ho.
Today when I was out on poop patrol 5 of them were out there
with me, all stretched out on their sides in the sun on the
snow. It looked like a yard full of dead dogs.

But despite what you may have heard about lake effect in NY
(parts of Tug Hill got 4 feet in one day and the Hill is
still being hammered) it's pretty darned thin here. Too
thin for the sled, but I've been skijoring. The sun baked
some big holes in the snow cover today and we may be done
until we get some more.

[Everything you need to know about Tug Hill - guess where it
is on the map:
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/nerfc/gra...sd1_today.jpg]

If you can't say it clearly, you don't understand it yourself -- John Searle
Old February 9th 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Lynne wrote:
My best guess is it's one of the 2 red spots, but the word "hill" is
subjective so I'm not sure which one.

Yeah - it's not really a hill as much as it is a relatively
high place just east of Lake Ontario. Because it's higher
than the surrounding area and because it sits to the east of
all of the Great Lakes, it picks up amazing amounts of
snow. Some of the two-story camps up there have outside
doors on the second story. If you look at a road map it's
basically a big hole - very few roads. It's an amazing
place. It's hard to beat mother nature.

If you can't say it clearly, you don't understand it yourself -- John Searle