Hey, Suja

Old February 13th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Hey, Suja

[]
Since you like those big, freighting-style dogs, here's a
joke video that also gives you a good look at a couple of
Canadian Eskimo dogs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEFLZJBWIdQ

If you can't say it clearly, you don't understand it yourself -- John Searle
Old February 13th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message:

Since you like those big, freighting-style dogs, here's a
joke video that also gives you a good look at a couple of
Canadian Eskimo dogs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEFLZJBWIdQ

They should've called it 'How to get mugged by a dog'. Cool looking dogs.

Suja

Old February 13th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Suja wrote:
They should've called it 'How to get mugged by a dog'. Cool looking dogs.

They're gorgeous, but everything I've heard about them makes
them sound absolutely impossible to live with.

If you can't say it clearly, you don't understand it yourself -- John Searle
Old February 13th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Suja wrote:
Do tell. They were going to be on my short list if I ever ended up moving
to Alaska (or wherever they have actual winters these days).

People do raise them and love them. But if you've ever read
any arctic exploration history, or any contemporary
descriptions of the dogs by outsiders, they all say the same
thing, which is some variation on "These dogs are feral."
There have been several incidents of dogs killing children
in Iqaluit, where there are apparently so many of them and
they're so out of control that the city passed some sort of
law authorizing shooting the dogs a few years back. They
also apparently are ill-adapted to eating grains (which
makes perfect sense when you consider how they've been fed
for millenia) and so don't do well on the typical dog food.

Come to think of it there are a bunch of them in "The Fast
Runner."

Have you thought about something like the Mackenzie River
Husky?

BTW, it's been a crap shoot for winter in Alaska, too, the
past few years, although the Yukon Quest is under way and
it's apparently pretty crisp along the trail (they're still
in the Yukon but temperatures are also cool in Fairbanks).
Good photos and videos at yukonquest.com

If you can't say it clearly, you don't understand it yourself -- John Searle

Good photos and videos at yukonquest.com

Forgot to mention that once again John Schandelmeier is
running a team of rescue dogs, and is one of the very few
mushers not to drop any dogs yet. It looks like he's going
to try to take as many dogs as possible to Fairbanks even if
it slows him down. His wife will be running rescue dogs in
the Iditarod next month. Root for the good guys!

If you can't say it clearly, you don't understand it yourself -- John Searle
Old February 13th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Suja wrote:
Do tell. They were going to be on my short list if I ever ended up moving
to Alaska (or wherever they have actual winters these days).

Okay, here's some Inuit dog (Greenland) pr0n:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rovLbWigUxU

If you can't say it clearly, you don't understand it yourself -- John Searle
Old February 13th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Suja wrote:
What's up with the dog that he talks to? The tail makes it look like he's
got coat funk or something.

Not a clue. Those dogs typically don't receive fabulous
care. It was a pretty good closeup shot of the dog's body
coat, which was pretty awesome. Glad it's not blowing coat
in my house.

If you can't say it clearly, you don't understand it yourself -- John Searle
Old February 13th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message:

Okay, here's some Inuit dog (Greenland) pr0n:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rovLbWigUxU

Too bad. Gotta draw the line at eating babies.

What's up with the dog that he talks to? The tail makes it look like he's
got coat funk or something.

Suja

OT welcome to the 'fine human being' club, Suja Mary Beth Dog behavior 3 October 15th 06 01:47 AM
Ping Suja Gwen Watson Dog behavior 81 January 13th 04 06:47 PM
Ping Suja Gwen Watson Dog behavior 0 January 9th 04 03:39 PM
Ping Suja Gwen Watson Dog behavior 0 January 9th 04 03:39 PM
Ping Suja Gwen Watson Dog behavior 0 August 21st 03 09:55 PM