ok THAT'S aggravating!

Old February 15th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Default ok THAT'S aggravating!

elegy wrote:
i'm off work again today post-"wintery mix" storm because place of
employment hasn't been plowed out yet. so i thought ooh great! i can
go adopt my new dog today!

Wheee! Congrats on deciding to go for it.

but that's two more very very cold nights for him in the shelter, and
that makes me kind of mad.

Poor thing! He doesn't have the sort of coat that can handle cold
weather. And, where I am, it's supposed to be sub-zero tomorrow
night. Not many dogs ought to be out in that sort of weather,
especially not if they're sleeping on concrete!

i've got his crate all set up and blanky-fied, collar, leash, bowl,
everything important.

just no dog.

Could you possibly get off work a little early tomorrow and get him
then?

--
Shelly
Old February 15th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

elegy wrote:

i really really hope i'm making the right decision, but i think i'll
regret it forever if i don't take this poor old man.

I think you're making a good decision. If it doesn't work, you will
be able to cross that bridge when you come to it. And chances are,
even if it's not a smooth transition, you *will* be able to make it
work.

maybe it's warmer in there at night when they close the doors, but
it's so freaking cold and windy here

That *really* sucks, especially for an old, balding guy. I feel
just awful for him.

i doubt it, but if i can, i'll definitely go. i'm expecting tomorrow
to be insane, and we're short-staffed friday afternoons as it is right
now.

How about going in late, or taking some time off mid-morning? You
wouldn't have time to properly acclimate him to your house, but he'd
be better off dumped in a crate in the bathroom than left overnight
in the cold.

--
Shelly
Old February 15th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

elegy wrote:

i do too. he was happy to see me today.

Aw! Now *that* is bittersweet.

i don't have that kind of flexibility, unfortunately. i work for a
fairly small vet hospital, and you've gotta be there when you've gotta
be there.

Ah! I've had jobs like that, so I understand, but I've also gotten
spoiled enough that I tend to forget what that's like.

--
Shelly