Which breed is this?

Old February 17th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Which breed is this?

Hi,

My girlfriend's sister rescued a dog from the pound and I think it
could be a jack russel.

Could you please take a look at the attached picture and let me know
what you think?

We would like to know more about the dog, so the first thing is
knowing the breed.

All her sister told me is that it's a mix of chiuaua and terrier.

Here are a couple of pictures:
http://www.snowbrasil.com/DSC02452_resize.JPG
http://www.snowbrasil.com/DSC02453_resize.JPG

Thanks

Old February 17th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article . com,
wrote:

Hi,

My girlfriend's sister rescued a dog from the pound and I think it
could be a jack russel.

Not a JRT.

Could you please take a look at the attached picture and let me know
what you think?

We would like to know more about the dog, so the first thing is
knowing the breed.

All her sister told me is that it's a mix of chiuaua and terrier.

Here are a couple of pictures:
http://www.snowbrasil.com/DSC02452_resize.JPG
http://www.snowbrasil.com/DSC02453_resize.JPG

Looks like a good guess. Chi/Min Pin maybe? Could be a bunch of stuff,
but not a JRT.

Not much point to knowing the specific breed(s), but understand that all
dogs benefit from training and socialization.

--
Janet Boss
Old February 17th 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Thanks. Do you think it's too small for a JRT?

Old February 17th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
flick

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

My girlfriend's sister rescued a dog from the pound and I think it
could be a jack russel.

Could you please take a look at the attached picture and let me know
what you think?

We would like to know more about the dog, so the first thing is
knowing the breed.

All her sister told me is that it's a mix of chiuaua and terrier.

Here are a couple of pictures:
http://www.snowbrasil.com/DSC02452_resize.JPG
http://www.snowbrasil.com/DSC02453_resize.JPG

Looks like a Rat Terrier to me. Some of them are probably mixed with
Chihuahua.

These little dogs are all over the southern U.S. Half the people on my road
have one. Down here, often called a Feist, usually pronounced "Fice." Some
people use them to hunt squirrel.

http://www.ratterrierclub.com/

flick 100785

Old February 17th 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:36:16 GMT, wrote:

Thanks. Do you think it's too small for a JRT?

It looks nothing like a JRT.

--
Lynne
Old February 17th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Robin Nuttall

flick wrote:

Looks like a Rat Terrier to me. Some of them are probably mixed with
Chihuahua.

Ratties are another breed that's liberally splashed with white. I
honestly don't see Chi. The head isn't domey at all. I see Min Pin.

Old February 17th 07, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paula

wrote in news:1171671002.833103.288450
@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Hi,

My girlfriend's sister rescued a dog from the pound and I think it
could be a jack russel.

Could you please take a look at the attached picture and let me know
what you think?

We would like to know more about the dog, so the first thing is
knowing the breed.

All her sister told me is that it's a mix of chiuaua and terrier.

Here are a couple of pictures:
http://www.snowbrasil.com/DSC02452_resize.JPG
http://www.snowbrasil.com/DSC02453_resize.JPG

I don't see any JRT in there at all. Wrong coloring, wrong face and eye
shape. It looks very much like a chihuahua in the face, nose and eyes.
There are many chihuahuas with that coloring around here. I don't know
if they are mixes or not, they are just referred to as a chihuahua
whether they have that much black or the more traditional browner look.

Paula
Old February 17th 07, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
flick

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message
flick wrote:

Looks like a Rat Terrier to me. Some of them are probably mixed with
Chihuahua.

Ratties are another breed that's liberally splashed with white. I honestly
don't see Chi. The head isn't domey at all. I see Min Pin.

We may be talking about a dog that's got a liberal dose of "pet quality" in
him/her.

Are Min Pins that common? I've only known one person who had one, in my
entire life.

flick 100785