arthritis

Old February 22nd 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default arthritis

I have a 11 year old Great Pyreanese, who is my world , he has
arthritis, last night he had a hard time moving , I gave him
Asaprin, ..St.Joesph, however I was reading your site and it said not
to give them coated asa..
now my ? he is about 120lbs, after putting a heating pad on him and
giving him the asa.. he started moving around last night and went out
to Bathroom a.m.
how much ASA should I give him? what is Ascription? and where can I
get it? which is better for him Fish oil or Glucosmine and how much
should I give him? and do you always give him Vit C with this?
I can not afford to put Ben down he keeps me going everyday , and
helps me when I am sic at night he sits up with me...
I have a noncuriable disease and Ben has been with me through the
whole thing........... I cnat loose him..
please help if you can..
lyonzie

Old February 22nd 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

I'm so sorry about your situation. Aspirin should NOT be given to a dog
without proper dosage instructions from a veterinarian. Please call your vet
and ask him over the phone what a safe dosage should be - if any. Most vets
will at least talk to you without a charge.