help- dog ate gum with Xylitol

Old February 23rd 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

Default help- dog ate gum with Xylitol

Maui possibly got into some of my mom's gum that has Xylitol in it. I am
not sure how much he got if any. ER vet #1 says call animal poison number.
ER vet #2 says don't induce vomit cause he could choke on the gum. The
internet says induce vomiting. What should I do? This all happened about
10 minutes ago.

--
~~~~~
Jenny, Maui and Cali

Old February 23rd 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

See my post at alt.med.veterinary.

ER vet now.