Thunder Passed Away

Old February 24th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Mark

Default Thunder Passed Away

We lost our 14-yr-old GSD last month. After many years of companionship and
good health, his body started to deteriorate to the point where he was
unable to walk. We had purchased a 2-wheeled cart for him last fall. This
worked for awhile until he had his first seizure over the holidays. We had
just returned from the park when Thunder suddenly collapsed on the floor. I
initially thought that he had died as he laid there motionless with his eyes
glazed over. After 30 seconds, just as suddenly, he seemed to come back to
life. After a number of visits to the vet, he was put on phenobarbital.
This "cured" his seizures, but he seemed to lose the little muscular
coordination he once had. After a week of inactivity on the phenobarbital,
Thunder had bloat. This time he was in obvious pain and I believe we got
him to the vet just in time. Thunder was given some sedatives until we made
the decision to relieve his suffering. The veternarian came to our house 2
days later to administer the drugs allowing Thunder to cross the bridge. We
created a memorial website for Thunder so we could remember all the good
times. The URL for the website is: http://www.thunderdisco.com/thunder
Thanks.

Old February 24th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
diddy

in thread : "Mark"
whittled the following words:

[...]

Even when they live to the ripe old age as Thunder, and even when they give
ample warning they are going, it's always a shock and you feel so cheated
and empty when they are gone, I'm sorry.