Instant Review: New Vacuum Cleaner

Old February 26th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Default Instant Review: New Vacuum Cleaner

It was time for the monthly(ish) vacuuming spree, but my vacuum
cleaner's bag was full and for the life of me I couldn't find the
package of bags I just bought. I went out to buy more bags, but as
I was standing in the vacuum aisle, I just couldn't face the
thought changing another damned bag. My old vacuum cleaner still
works, but it's ancient and the fuzz that keeps shedding from the
new carpet is killing it slowly. And, it's awkward to change the
bags on it if you let them get too full, which I *always* do.

So I bought a Dirt Devil Vision Swivel Glide. I know no one else
is fond of Dirt Devils, but I've had *very* good luck with them.
It was easy peasy to put together. It's bagless (yay!) and sucks
like nobody's business. Wow! I am seriously impressed. The cord
is extra long, too, so I can do the whole house without re-
plugging-inning.

On the down side, it's heavier than my old vacuum, but not overly
so. It feels nice and solid, actually. It's also a bit louder.

--
Shelly

The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely
improbable lacks.
-- Douglas Adams
Old February 26th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy

in thread .102: Shelly
whittled the following words:

[...]

A vacuum that you will use is the most important factor.
I have a Kirby. Wonderful assortment of amazing attachments with a motor
that will suck the paint off the wall. It's heavy, gimmicky and the
attachments are just hard for me to attach/detach. I spent a fortune for
the machine and I just won't use it. I've had it three years.. and probably
only changed bags on it twice. I just won't use it.

I have a dyson.. used more than the Kirby by far, but still not my
favorite. I have a Dirt Devil Broom, easy light portable for quick messes.
I love this. I use it in my car. I have a Dirt Devil hand vac, with a
rotating bristle head that I also use in my car. I make sure I pack this
anytime I take the dogs to a motel. LOVE IT.

The vacuum I use most and above all is the Central Vac. Lightest, easiest
most portable, maintence free vacuum of all. Even if I plan on using one
of the other vacuums, I go over the rooms first with this one. WHY? It's
easiest, and most fun to use. This vacuum is my FIRST PASS VACUUM.
Unfortunately , it does not reach all access areas of the house (IE the
entry Foyer)
I told my husband, next year, when the car is paid off, my first luxury
purchase will be a second Central Vac located on the back porch to reach
the remaining areas (AND better reach my car!)

He said, what do you need ANOTHER Vacuum for? He never had seen anyone
collect vacuums like I do.
Because I HATE the other vacuums. I love my central vac. The central vac
simply needs to reach the area where I need to use it most.. the entry area
and my car. IF you USE it, you don't have to justify it. Every day I use my
central-vac, I wish for the second to use in unreachable areas. If I wish
for it, then I must have a need for it, and don't need to justify buying
one.

If you like this vacuum cleaner.. and enjoy running it.. That is the
BIGGEST obstacle overcome. I'm glad for you that you got one that you are
pelased with and enjoy.
Old February 27th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Darla Vladschyk

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:37:21 GMT, Shelly wrote:

[...]

Never mind that. What does Miss Brown have to say about it?

Darla
Nova Scotia, Canada
--
"I'm still here, you *******s!"
---Papillon

http://www.yougotta.com/DARLA/
Old February 27th 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Darla Vladschyk wrote:

Never mind that. What does Miss Brown have to say about it?

"You missed a spot!" She likes to sit on the couch and supervise,
dontchaknow?

--
Shelly
Old February 27th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

diddy wrote:

If I wish
for it, then I must have a need for it, and don't need to justify buying
one.

I like that philosophy!

If you like this vacuum cleaner.. and enjoy running it.. That is the
BIGGEST obstacle overcome. I'm glad for you that you got one that you are
pelased with and enjoy.

True. And, for me, that comes down to ease of maintenance. Not
having to wrestle with dusty bags of grossness is nice. But it also
sucks like nobody's business, which is what *really* matters.

--
Shelly
Old February 28th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mary Beth

So I bought a Dirt Devil Vision Swivel Glide. I know no one else
is fond of Dirt Devils, but I've had *very* good luck with them.
It was easy peasy to put together. It's bagless (yay!) and sucks
like nobody's business. Wow! I am seriously impressed. The cord
is extra long, too, so I can do the whole house without re-
plugging-inning.

On the down side, it's heavier than my old vacuum, but not overly
so. It feels nice and solid, actually. It's also a bit louder.

--
Shelly

I had my own run with all the vacs...as we all have. And I would have
NEVER thought to buy a Dirt Devil, as anything else from them has pooped out
very quickly.
I had switched to an upright, so that it would be heavier getting *into* the
carpet. Needed for my knees, but they all KILLED my back!
Finally hub got me a Dirt Devil (canister) Breeze, this past xmas. (Small
canister vac)

This thing sucks, too, like none other. The main reason, at all, for this
purchase was that I had them put Pergo down in ALL of the rooms, and I had
an old old canister vac, that hub thought was not being used. eg (Of
course none of them get used much! Shhhh)
But the little canister he got rid of was so great on the bare flooring, but
notnotnot on the carpet.

Now, because Zack was abused, many many eons ago....we got him at 2 yrs old,
he's now 10...go figure...he wasn't used to floors. So we now, (and have for
EIGHT friggin years already, sez the RudeDude), put down rugs, larger area
rugs, and some smaller...various reasons. (We can even 'trick' him by
placing a kleenex tissue down at times of emergency...*anything* but the
bare floors, ohmy.
Literally. I have even used one sheet from the toilet paper to see if that
worked, and it did.
I know I could have worked on him and overcome this 'problem' but to us,
it's been an ongoing source of laughter to see the lengths, (or shorts) he'd
go with. heh

Smaller ones get shaken out and washed. and the other area rugs, and runners
get the DDBreeze.
That thing makes ALL of these carpets/rugs look like new after only one
stroke! Color me convinced.

And that's with 1 golden treever wif all kindsa furs, 1 labby treever
gal...very heavy thick fur, 1 black mix, very fine fur, 2 shorthair kitties,
and one very much inside ONLY, on mama's lap ONLY, (if she had her way),
Piper, my mini Maine Coon, with the longest softest furs ever. If this thing
only lasts six months, I'd go right back and purchase another one.

Yup it is *that* good.

IMO,
Mare and Da Smiff Den

Old February 28th 07, 01:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Mary Beth wrote:

I had my own run with all the vacs...as we all have. And I would have
NEVER thought to buy a Dirt Devil, as anything else from them has pooped out
very quickly.

I've heard that, but my old Dirt Devil lasted for years and years,
through multiple cats and one *seriously* hairy-assed dog.

eg (Of course none of them get used much! Shhhh)

I always liked Jane Webb's trick of leaving the vacuum cleaner out,
so it looks like you were just getting ready to vacuum. Haw!

So we now, (and have for
EIGHT friggin years already, sez the RudeDude), put down rugs, larger area
rugs, and some smaller...various reasons.

So Gilligan is *still* on the island, eh?

Smaller ones get shaken out and washed. and the other area rugs, and runners
get the DDBreeze.
That thing makes ALL of these carpets/rugs look like new after only one
stroke! Color me convinced.

Amazing, isn't it? I couldn't believe how much crud the new vacuum
sucked out of the carpet. I got at *least* the equivalent of a
bag's worth just from one vacuuming. Which reminds me of another
point I forgot to mention: the canister on my model is super easy
to remove, empty, and replace.

If this thing
only lasts six months, I'd go right back and purchase another one.

Yup it is *that* good.

Agreed.

--
Shelly