Is there a "WebMD" for dogs?

Old March 3rd 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
AMB

Default Is there a "WebMD" for dogs?

The talk about Addisons in another thread has me wondering....

What is your preferred source for veterinary medical information?

Googling brings up hits, but I'm wondering which websites are most
reputable.

Thanks,

Anne
and Baxter the Beagle
Old March 3rd 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"AMB" wrote in message
What is your preferred source for veterinary medical information?

I hope people trim all unnecessary info and keep adding to this.
General starting points
www.vetinfo.com
www.peteducation.com
www.dogaware.com

any medical search term plus VIN or WSAVA
VIN = veterinary information network - they put out canned stuff for
diseases, used by www.marvistavet.com for instance
World Small Animal Veterinary Assn - has conferences every year with
presentations published on the web though the later years are archived in
www.ivis.org for which you'll have to sign up to access, also has partial
textbooks

PubMed journal articles, many of which can be reached through Google Scholar
Sometimes I cruise Hillary's old vet school notes (a vet who used to post in
alt.med.ved.) http://www.hillary.net/school/

Many of the big Univ have good sites such as Washington State Univ. Cornell,
U of C at Davis, U of I, U of Penn, etc.

buglady
take out the dog before replyling

Old March 4th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
AMB

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 19:35:07 GMT, "buglady"
wrote:

"AMB" wrote in message
.. .
What is your preferred source for veterinary medical information?

I hope people trim all unnecessary info and keep adding to this.
General starting points
www.vetinfo.com
www.peteducation.com
www.dogaware.com

other good information snipped

Thanks -- I'm copying this to a file on my desktop.

Anne

Old March 5th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Michael A. Ball

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 11:05:18 -0600, AMB wrote:

...What is your preferred source for veterinary medical information?...

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp

"Some people learn something new
every day, others just get 24 hours older."