Vista spit

Old March 6th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

Default Vista spit

Just a friendly warning, if you're thinking about upgrading to Vista
or buying a new computer with Vista already installed:

DON'T DO IT!

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

'The Great Global Warming Swindle' Set to Rock Climate Debate...
http://www.channel4.com/science/micr...dle/index.html
John "Breck Girl" Edwards. Feeling pretty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AE847UXu3Q&eurl=
Why so much medical research is rot:
http://www.economist.com/science/dis...ory_id=8733754
Anatomy of the Iraq War:
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...xOWQ=&w= MQ==
More Democrat-Islamist convergence:
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...gence#comments
Rosie O'Donnell and Mel Shore. Assholes separated at birth?
http://hotair.com/archives/2007/03/0...quit-the-view/
Got some spare time?
http://hotair.com/archives/2007/02/1...g-heroes-home/
Repent, sinners!
http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...he_planet.html
Remember these words - Al Gore's "Generation Investment Management":
http://www.ecotality.com/blog/?p=350
Every family has a different carbon footprint - And here's The Goracle's!
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/006966.htm
The Goracle's hypocrisy exposed (Hey, Tara, didn't you once date Al?):
http://www.economist.com/debate/free...win_for_al.cfm
"Reality-based community" more about faith than reality:
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull
Old March 6th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:

Just a friendly warning, if you're thinking about upgrading to Vista
or buying a new computer with Vista already installed:

DON'T DO IT!

I became a Mac girl recently, so no temptation!

--
Janet Boss

Old March 6th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Spot

Rule of thumb in out IT department at work don't upgrade for at least a year
after a new product comes out. By then the bugs should be 90% worked out.

We are just now starting to go to XP where I work......

Celeste

Old March 6th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 12:33:39 -0500, Janet Boss

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:

Just a friendly warning, if you're thinking about upgrading to Vista
or buying a new computer with Vista already installed:

DON'T DO IT!

I became a Mac girl recently, so no temptation!

If I could just get my hands on Bill Gates right now...it wouldn't be
a pretty sight.

AAARRGGHHH!

Old March 6th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

I agree. We ordered a couple of PCs with Vista to see how they would
handle all of our applications at work. It doesn't. All I really see
from Vista is a slower version of XP with a few visual effects that
look identical to things I've seen from the Linux community at least a
year ago that has more errors and runs fewer programs.

Nick

Old March 6th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy

in thread : Handsome Jack
Morrison whittled the following words:

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 12:33:39 -0500, Janet Boss

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:

Just a friendly warning, if you're thinking about upgrading to Vista
or buying a new computer with Vista already installed:

DON'T DO IT!

I became a Mac girl recently, so no temptation!

If I could just get my hands on Bill Gates right now...it wouldn't be
a pretty sight.

AAARRGGHHH!

Just out of curiosity, what do you hate about it? Of more interest to me,
(and I'll look it up) is what kind of resources does it demand?
WOW!!!! 20 GB of hard drive JUST to support an operating system?

* 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
* 512 MB of system memory
* 20 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space
* Support for DirectX 9 graphics and 32 MB of graphics memory
* DVD-ROM drive
* Audio Output
* Internet access (fees may apply)
Old March 6th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 17:46:44 GMT, "Spot"
wrote:

Rule of thumb in out IT department at work don't upgrade for at least a year
after a new product comes out. By then the bugs should be 90% worked out.

That's pretty much my own rule of thumb, too, Celeste.

But I didn't really have a choice this time. I had an older computer
finally go belly-up, and I needed to replace it (one can never have
enough computers around here, for some reason).

Unfortunately, I couldn't find one with XP in the timeframe I was
forced to work with. So I got one with Vista (a top-of-the-line HP
laptop), figuring I'd probably experience problems with it, but that I
could live with them until Vista eventually got its act together.

I should have known better, because when I talked to the sales guy
about wanting to install the anti-virus/spam/malware programs myself,
he said I couldn't do that. They needed to be "force installed,"
through some kind of Vista "backdoor," (reassuring, huh?) because no
anti-virus programs were yet 100% compatible with (not even
Microsoft's *own* anti-virus program!), and God forbid that I'd
actually want to use a Microsoft mouse, because none were 100%
compatible with Vista out of the box - (you have to go to MS's web
site and get a special download for it, etc.)

I thought I could deal with all of that, but I was wrong.

I've seen more "Blue Screens Of Death" in just the last two days than
I've seen in my entire life.

We are just now starting to go to XP where I work......

I loooooooove XP. XP was a friend of mine.

And Vista is no XP.

AAAAARRRGGHH!

Celeste

"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message
.. .

Just a friendly warning, if you're thinking about upgrading to Vista
or buying a new computer with Vista already installed:

DON'T DO IT!

[...]

Old March 6th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Tue, 06 Mar 2007 18:02:58 GMT,
"
wrote:

I agree. We ordered a couple of PCs with Vista to see how they would
handle all of our applications at work. It doesn't. All I really see
from Vista is a slower version of XP with a few visual effects that
look identical to things I've seen from the Linux community at least a
year ago that has more errors and runs fewer programs.

Gee, no surprise. I've heard anectodal reports from friends at companies
who are testing Vista that it needs 4 GB minimum of RAM to run their
applications. That's crazy.

--
Lynne
Old March 6th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

diddy wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what do you hate about it? Of more interest to me,
(and I'll look it up) is what kind of resources does it demand?
WOW!!!! 20 GB of hard drive JUST to support an operating system?

I've heard nothing good about it. *Nothing*. I would recommend doing
a good bit of research before saddling yourself with it. Not doing
so would be spectacularly stupid.

--
Shelly