Leaking dog

Old March 8th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
diddy

Default Leaking dog

in thread : "Suja"
whittled the following words:

Khan has been getting a little leaky. I normally don't get to see it
because he is very diligent about cleaning up after himself, and only
noticed it when he dripped a little while I am brushing him. Today, I
watched as he leaked while sleeping. The vet appointment is on
Monday.

Assuming that this is not UTI, what are the treatment options for boy
dogs? I am familiar with what is done for bitches, but not so much
with dogs. How common is urinary incontinence in male dogs?

Suja

Danny had UI and exercise greatly improved his "issues" but PPA controlled
it until the exercise allowed his meds to be cut to nothing. Then as he
aged, it came back as he was able to exercise less, and PPA was again a
part of his regimen. Worked quite nicely, in fact

Old March 9th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
diddy

"diddy" wrote in message:

Danny had UI and exercise greatly improved his "issues" but PPA
controlled it until the exercise allowed his meds to be cut to
nothing.

How much and what kind of exercise? He already gets a couple of hours
of outing a day, but I can always try to add an extra walk.

Danny got out of shape when he was so ill at 10. He quit doing his 3 1/2
mile ATV daily runs after he had his surgery, and at 11 1/2 he had
incontinence.
From 12 -14, he got back on his 3 1/2 mile run regimen, until it slowed to
a toddle. When he was running, he was continent
When he went back to toddling and riding the ATV instead of running, he
went back on PPA

How old was Danny when he started having these issues? Khan is at
least 8 or 9 and hasn't had any problems before, so I am thinking that
this is age related.

Then as he
aged, it came back as he was able to exercise less, and PPA was again
a part of his regimen.

How old was he when it recurred?

Worked quite nicely, in fact

That's good to know. I am glad there was a fix.

Suja

Old March 17th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

on Thu, 08 Mar 2007 21:39:09 GMT, "Suja" wrote:

Khan has been getting a little leaky. I normally don't get to see it
because he is very diligent about cleaning up after himself, and only
noticed it when he dripped a little while I am brushing him. Today, I
watched as he leaked while sleeping. The vet appointment is on
Monday.

Assuming that this is not UTI, what are the treatment options for boy
dogs? I am familiar with what is done for bitches, but not so much
with dogs. How common is urinary incontinence in male dogs?

Janet has a boy who leaks, and I have a girl who does. PPA didn't work for
Roxy, and so she takes Proin. IIRC, so does Janet's boy. I've tried
weaning Roxy off of it, but after about 5 days, she starts leaking again,
so she gets it every 4 days right now.

--
Lynne
Old March 17th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

on Sat, 17 Mar 2007 16:48:15 GMT, Lynne
wrote:

Janet has a boy who leaks, and I have a girl who does. PPA didn't
work for Roxy, and so she takes Proin. IIRC, so does Janet's boy.
I've tried weaning Roxy off of it, but after about 5 days, she starts
leaking again, so she gets it every 4 days right now.

Er, Proin is PPA. The female hormones were not effective for Roxy.

My memory sucks.

--
Lynne