Question from Newbie re toilet training older pugs

Old March 9th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Question from Newbie re toilet training older pugs

I have just been given 2 x 7 year old pugs (sisters) by Pug Rescue.
The dogs are very hardy despite living only outside for the last 7
years. My problem is that they are not toilet trained. My previous pug
was also older when I first got her, so it was relatively easy to
train only one dog. How do I go about training 2 at the same time.

All replies appreciated!

Old March 9th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I have just been given 2 x 7 year old pugs (sisters) by Pug
Rescue. The dogs are very hardy despite living only outside
for the last 7 years. My problem is that they are not
toilet trained. My previous pug was also older when I first
got her, so it was relatively easy to train only one dog.
How do I go about training 2 at the same time.

You've bought one hell of a job, but good on you for doing
it.

Treat them like puppies, putting them on a schedule as to
when you think they need to go pee. If one pees where or when
it's not appropriate, the other will too.

The key will be to supervise at all times and manage them
(crating, for example) when they can't be supervised.

What is crating and how do I go about it? These are my 2nd and 3rd
rescue pugs. My 1st beautiful girl passed away 3 weeks ago. She was
also an oldy (we got her at 7) and she was also not house trained. It
wasn't too difficult to train her, but 2 dogs is a whole different
thing! Rescue dogs are generally uncared for, so they tend to have
lived outside all their lives. My current 2 dogs have never been in a
house. They were given up because of a divorce and neither of the
divorcing parties wanted them. They are very healthy dogs and
extremely happy little girls.

For the time being, I'd take them out individually on
whatever schedule you devise. Praise her, treat her, and
then literally rinse and repeat with the other girl. Believe
me, house training two dogs at the same time is going to be a
chore. And you've got set-in-their-way adults. Yikes!

I have started doing this. How long does it normally take to house
train dogs? I am only asking so that I can get an idea of what is
considered normal.

Old March 10th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

hi everyone .
We mainly focus on different branded shoes such as basketball
shoes,running shoes,sport shoes,football shoes,tennis shoes,golf
shoes
with brands such as:Nike,Adidas,Jordon,Puma,Reebok.For our quality
shoes,reasonalbe price and outstanding market service,our products
have got good reputations from home and abroad.Our main markets
including:USA,Canada,Brazil,European markets and other countries and
regions. Nikeland now have a professional sales group to form a
modern
sale system and assure of suppling high quality products,immediate
delivery and excellent service for our customers. Nikeland adhere to
the principle of "customer and service foremost and quality product
and time shipment first" and we are warmly desire of establishing
long-
term mutual beneficial relationships with serious customers home and
abroad.
please contact us sublarge02@ hotmail.com
www.sublarge.com sublarge02@
hotmail.com

tks
elly

Old March 10th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Hi everyone

We mainly focus on different branded shoes such as basketball
shoes,running shoes,sport shoes,football shoes,tennis
shoes,golf shoes with brands such
as:Nike,Adidas,Jordon,Puma,Reebok.For our quality shoes,reasonalbe
price and outstanding market service. it's can retail and whosale.

Pleas contact us sublarge02@ hotmail.com
www.sublarge.com sublarge02@
hotmail.com

Help! Toilet training issues Dog behavior 10 June 17th 06 02:48 PM
toilet training Jennifer Dog behavior 4 May 30th 05 11:37 AM
toilet training howard richler Dog behavior 6 September 20th 03 01:07 AM
toilet training howard richler Dog behavior 0 September 19th 03 07:37 PM
toilet training howard richler Dog behavior 0 September 19th 03 07:37 PM