Pretty Boy Zipper

Old March 12th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Robin Nuttall

Default Pretty Boy Zipper

I never thought this picture would turn out. We had to wait through a
bunch of Paps for the judge to get a photo break and once on the table
Zipper was squirming around. Pam kept having to reset his front. The
photographer took the shot without any warning so everybody jumped and I
expected to see a reprint of a dog with 3 heads. Turns out it's perfect!

And now he's done, no more pretty-boy shots so this one is especially
nice to have.

http://www.totaldobe.com/images/zipper/zipperchweb2.jpg
Old March 12th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Lynne

on Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:58:47 GMT, montana wildhack
wrote:

He _is_ one good lookin' little fella!

Most definitely. I want one just like him!! Er, my daughter does...

--
Lynne
Old March 13th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

I never thought this picture would turn out. We had to wait through a bunch
of Paps for the judge to get a photo break and once on the table Zipper was
squirming around. Pam kept having to reset his front. The photographer took
the shot without any warning so everybody jumped and I expected to see a
reprint of a dog with 3 heads. Turns out it's perfect!
http://www.totaldobe.com/images/zipper/zipperchweb2.jpg

that's a good picture, such a nice looking boy you got there

Old March 14th 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Hi Robin,
Thanks for the pic of Zipper.....Ya know I just love him...He is so
good looking. You can tell he has a personality to go with it.
I am curious about the name Downey on the sign to the left of him. My
Dobe's sire was owned by a man from Mo. named Downey. He also was a
handler of my dog and others. Of course that was years back I was
wondering if he progressed to a judge. That is why I was wondering.
uhhhh maybe he was the photographer...I would be interested in
knowing..Thanks....Judy

Be Free.....Judy

Old March 14th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Robin Nuttall

Judith Althouse wrote:
Hi Robin,
Thanks for the pic of Zipper.....Ya know I just love him...He is so
good looking. You can tell he has a personality to go with it.
I am curious about the name Downey on the sign to the left of him. My
Dobe's sire was owned by a man from Mo. named Downey. He also was a
handler of my dog and others. Of course that was years back I was
wondering if he progressed to a judge. That is why I was wondering.
uhhhh maybe he was the photographer...I would be interested in
knowing..Thanks....Judy

No. He didn't progress to be a judge. They don't put the judge's name on
the sign. But it is John Downey. He quit breeding and showing dobes
sometime in the 1980s and has been a professional dog show photographer
since, and is one of the best. He has a partner who is also good, but
not as good as John. All of those years handling has given him a super
eye for when a dog is correctly set.

He also did this one:
http://www.totaldobe.com/images/cala...calavivasm.jpg

And this one:
http://www.totaldobe.com/images/cala/calamoberly6mo.jpg
Old March 15th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Robin,
Wow, sure enough that was my handler John Downey. He also owned my
dog's sire who was a champion. He lived in Springfield, Mo. at the
time. Our dogs were from the Brown's B Brian line.
The pictures are beautiful. We had red Dobes. My dog did have a
beautiful top line and he (John) could show it off to the fullest
extent.
Thanks for the info and the pics.
I think his Champion was (my dog's sire) Bacchus?
I have some pics around here somewhere of John back in the day showing
my dog.

Be Free.....Judy