Mr. Chicken

Old March 18th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Default Mr. Chicken

I finally gave Mr. Chicken to Miss Brown yesterday. He was a huge
hit. She carried him around for awhile by his drumsticks. That
alone was worth the price of admission for me. Then she curled up
in her bed, with him tucked up under her chin, and napped for
awhile.

It was all a ruse to get me to stop paying attention. As soon as
I got sidetracked, she was off like a shot, to the big bed, where
she endured a few more pictures. AND THEN... And then, there was
the chomping of the itty bitty delectable drumsticks. It took her
longer than I thought it would, but she did finally manage to
disarticulate one of them, at which point I immediately took
custody of poor Mr. Chicken.

The newest are sorted first.

http://cat-sidh.net/gallery/thumbnai...page=1&sort=dd
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/424373854/

Also, do you know what kind of a pain in the behindermost it is to
sit on the floor to take a picture of the cat? I've mentioned
before that Some Dogs think that sitting on the floor is Cause for
Concern. Well, one of those Some Dogs thinks she needs to get
right in your face, just to see if you're Okay, which makes
picture taking a little difficult. Hrmf!

That is why there is a slightly out-of-focus close-up of Some Dog,
instead of a cute picture of an old black cat playing with a
PepsiCokesodapop bottle top.

--
Shelly

Remember, the curly toed miracle keeps the flip flop on.
-- Eddie Izzard
Old March 18th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

montana wildhack wrote in

Forgot carbonated beverage.

That, too.

Especially loved the macros of Mr. Chicken. Of course, Miss
Brown is as fetching as usual.

I thought I should get some shots of him pre-dismemberment. He
is--or was--an especially cute rubber chicken. I should also add
that his squeak was more of a throaty bullfrog honk. Tres cute.

--
Shelly

You will find poetry nowhere unless you bring some of it with you.
-- Joseph Joubert
Old March 18th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:37:20 GMT, montana wildhack
wrote:

Of course, Miss Brown is as fetching as usual.

Quite so!

I never thought much of Boxers until I starting getting to know Harriet
through your posts. I definitely have a great appreciation for them now,
expecially her.

--
Lynne
Old March 19th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

Shelly wrote in
.102:

She carried him around for awhile by his drumsticks.

Too funny! Great pix!

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old March 20th 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Lynne wrote in
m:

wrote:

Of course, Miss Brown is as fetching as usual.

Quite so!

Thank you both! Though I'm not sure Miss Brown's ego really needs
any more inflation.

I never thought much of Boxers until I starting getting to know
Harriet through your posts. I definitely have a great
appreciation for them now, expecially her.

Thanks! To be honest, *I* didn't really think much of Boxers
before I got Harriet. She quickly turned me into a sucker for the
breed, though.

--
Shelly

If you see a tree as blue, then make it blue.
-- Paul Gauguin
Old March 21st 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Darla Vladschyk

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:20:45 GMT, Shelly wrote:

...To be honest, *I* didn't really think much of Boxers
before I got Harriet. She quickly turned me into a sucker for the
breed, though.

I have always loved the breed, but I have never seen a more iconic
exemplar than Miss Harriet Brown. You will be glad to inform her that
the final item for her Nova Scotia Goodie Box is now in stock, and I
will pick it up tomorrow. Reilly or Muggins will mail the package by
the end of the week!

Also, my new Favourite-Dog-Photo-Of-All-Time is the one of Miss Brown
holding Mister Chicken delicately by his tiny-but-elegant drumstick.

Makes me smile whenever I look at it!

Darla
Nova Scotia, Canada
--
"I'm still here, you *******s!"
---Papillon

http://www.yougotta.com/DARLA/
Old March 21st 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Darla Vladschyk wrote in
:

I have always loved the breed, but I have never seen a more
iconic exemplar than Miss Harriet Brown.

She is something special, for sure.

I have said this before, but after my experience breed searching,
with the help of rpd*, I really do believe it's important to take
a good look at what you need, *then* find the dog that fits your
criterial. When I was first dog hunting, I had a vague idea that
I wanted something fluffy and pointy-eared. That's what appealed
to me aesthetically. But everywhere I looked, Boxers kept popping
up. I was visualizing something more like a GSD, so let's just
say that I was not impressed with how Boxers looked. I went out
and met a bunch of Boxers, though, and took a leap of faith got
Harriet. It took me about half a second to fall in love with
her.

If I hadn't followed the advice of folks here, I would have gone
about things backwards and ended up with a pointy-eared
fluffy-butt who was not at all the right dog for me. And I may
never have found out just how perfect for me Boxers are.

You will be glad to inform her that the final item for her Nova
Scotia Goodie Box is now in stock, and I will pick it up
tomorrow. Reilly or Muggins will mail the package by the end of
the week!

Yay! Thank you, Miss Brown will be *so* excited!

Also, my new Favourite-Dog-Photo-Of-All-Time is the one of Miss
Brown holding Mister Chicken delicately by his tiny-but-elegant
drumstick.

Mine, too.

Makes me smile whenever I look at it!

That's her Job, ma'am.

--
Shelly

Harriet Brown wears a man's felt hat that she bought in Spain
Harriet Brown, what a lovely name, such a lovely face.
-- Opal, Harriet Brown
Old March 22nd 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:52:20 GMT, Shelly wrote:

But everywhere I looked, Boxers kept popping
up.

I met these two Boxer mix pups today. Very friendly and uber cute, the
pics don't do them justice:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8082512

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8082513

--
Lynne
Old March 22nd 07, 11:15 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Lynne wrote:

I met these two Boxer mix pups today. Very friendly and uber cute, the
pics don't do them justice:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8082512

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8082513

Awww! Can you spell trouble?

I think still photos rarely do Boxers justice, because half the
appeal is in how they move.

--
Shelly
Old March 22nd 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:15:59 GMT, Shelly wrote:

Awww! Can you spell trouble?

I think still photos rarely do Boxers justice, because half the
appeal is in how they move.

Yeah, those two pups were totally delicious. If I didn't have a pup on the
way, I am certain there would have been repeat visits and big temptation.

--
Lynne

Mr. Chicken Shelly Dog behavior 47 March 5th 07 03:59 AM
chicken soup.... Michelle Dog behavior 0 September 20th 04 07:57 PM
chicken soup.... Michelle Dog behavior 0 September 20th 04 07:57 PM
chicken soup.... Michelle Dog behavior 0 September 20th 04 07:57 PM
chicken soup.... Michelle Dog behavior 0 September 20th 04 07:57 PM