Einstein dog

Old March 18th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paula

Default Einstein dog

Anna and her friend decided to do a home grooming job on Sammie the mini
poodle. He had a mud mohawk, but I didn't want to take him to the groomer
until after the yard was done because he'd just get all muddy again. So
we've been bathing him at home and just letting his hair get longer and
longer until we can't stand it any more or the yard isn't all dirt to save
multiple expensive trips.

The girls actually did a pretty good job for first time groomers. They
used scissors only since we don't have a shaving tool. But they didn't get
it even on the top of his head. A couple days after the cut, it is getting
more noticeable. Today I am calling him Einstein dog. Anna is threatening
to even him out and she hid my camera when I threatened to take pictures.
I'm glad she takes her grooming efforts seriously, but does she have to
ruin all my fun?

Paula
Old March 18th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Sun, 18 Mar 2007 21:01:11 GMT, Paula wrote:

I'm glad she takes her grooming efforts seriously, but does she have to
ruin all my fun?

That's hilarious! Please take a picture anyway and share it with us.

--
Lynne
Old March 19th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Mon, 19 Mar 2007 01:55:57 GMT, elegy
wrote:

i did terrible things to my mini poodle when i had her. my scissoring
skills were absolutely non-existant. after a couple weeks she usually
looked ok again at least.

http://escape.nightsfall.net/shudder/images/sirencont.jpg

oh dear!

--
Lynne
Old March 19th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

i did terrible things to my mini poodle when i had her. my scissoring
skills were absolutely non-existant. after a couple weeks she usually
looked ok again at least.

http://escape.nightsfall.net/shudder/images/sirencont.jpg

shaved poodle butt! Maui and Cali want me to make sure I never let you
babysit, no cold butts for them thank you very much

Old March 19th 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Darla Vladschyk

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:55:57 -0600, elegy
wrote:

http://escape.nightsfall.net/shudder/images/sirencont.jpg

Sweet Jaysus. She looks like an extra in a Tim Burton movie.

But I am sure she's very sweet!

Darla
Nova Scotia, Canada
--
"I'm still here, you *******s!"
---Papillon

http://www.yougotta.com/DARLA/
Old March 19th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paula

elegy wrote in
:

long ago and far away, Paula did say:

[...]

And now we know the real reasons you are attracted to pitbulls. No
haircutting required and you are as evil as they have a reputation for
being. Only yours is earned!

Paula
Old March 19th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paula

Lynne wrote in
m:

wrote:

I'm glad she takes her grooming efforts seriously, but does she have
to ruin all my fun?

That's hilarious! Please take a picture anyway and share it with us.

She fixed it last night. If he ends up going all Einstein again some day,
I'll try again. I got back at her for ruining his crazy look by teaching
one of her Nintendogs to sneeze on command while she was asleep last night.

Paula
Old March 19th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paula

elegy wrote in
:

i never in a hundred million years thought i'd EVER own a miniature
poodle. i loved that little dog like crazy though. you will note that
i didn't die her any unnatural colors, however. i am not *all* evil.

I wasn't much of a little dog person at all and poodles weren't on my short
list. But stuff happens and you end up with a mini poodle who makes you
laugh and a chihuahua that makes your daughter throw birthday bashes and
the next thing you know, you've fallen in love with dogs you never imagined
you'd ever dogsit, never mind own.

Paula
Old March 19th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

i never in a hundred million years thought i'd EVER own a miniature
poodle. i loved that little dog like crazy though. you will note that
i didn't die her any unnatural colors, however. i am not *all* evil.

I wasn't much of a little dog person at all and poodles weren't on my
short
list. But stuff happens and you end up with a mini poodle who makes you
laugh and a chihuahua that makes your daughter throw birthday bashes and
the next thing you know, you've fallen in love with dogs you never
imagined
you'd ever dogsit, never mind own.

I grew up with a 4 pound toy poodle and always wanted a "real dog". I loved
my poodle but she was too small. If everything had gone according to my
plans, I wouldn't have the two I have now. I love them and quickly realized
that small dogs can be "real dogs" and are good for a lot of things. Part
of me, though, will not feel 100% done (adding to my dog family) until I get
my "real dog" someday, either a lab, golden, standard poodle, weim (Riley),
mutt/mix, etc as long as its big!