Re Question about Dog food

Old March 24th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
scottishbelle

Default Re Question about Dog food

This post is in response to the question about the English setter owner who
was having alleged health issues related to the popular dog food he was
feeding his dog.

This present situation with many popular brands of pet food that has caused
fatalities and chronic health problems is a wake up call for owners and
others, to really look at the labels of ingredients that they are lovingly
dishing out to their pets. Food to DIE FOR! They are left over from the
human food chain but not fit for HUMAN consumption.To that, dyes and other
tasty preservatives are added which are pretty deadly. No wonder we have the
problem that is now unfolding and leaving so many grieving and financially
stressed.

Pet owners have totally brainwashed by expensive and repetitive
advertising campaigns into believing that they are feeding Fido the best!
What is really staggering are the number of Veterinarians that are sucked in
as well and have little knowledge of what is in that can. Am I being a
skeptic that it is in their best interests that you, the client, remain
uneducated as what rubbish you are giving your pet. or are they swayed as
well?

Having read a mind blowing book by Martin Goldstein, a Veterinarian, ( The
Nature of Animal Healing) we were so disgusted and shocked to learn what
goes into a can of branded dog food that we now pay a little more and buy
HUMAN GRADE dog food which our beloved dogs are thriving on.

I have no financial stake in any pet but just an animal lover who can
understand the pain and enormous stress that families are feeling presently
due to the present disaster. Read the labels on the back, would you eat this
horrible mess? NO, it is not fit for human consumption, why feed it to your
beloved companion?

You can find REAL HUMAN GRADE dog food in some health stores, grooming
parlors and online. Very few Veterinarians carry it. Of course you can
always cook for you dog, but no onions or corn !

This web site is one among many other brands which has great food for cats
and dogs, Yum it smell so good too!!
http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=home-tab

,

Old March 24th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
tighe

On 24 Mrz., 03:44, Rocky wrote:
"scottishbelle" said in
rec.pets.dogs.health:

[snip]

This web site is one among many other brands which has
great food for cats and dogs, Yum it smell so good too!!

While your presentation was hysterical, I agree with your choice
of kibble.

Yep, although if you want to be as sure as possible what goes into
your dog's food, the best thing to do is prepare it yourself. After
several food changes including two top-range "natural" brands, 9
months of vet bills and an impending gastroscopy to determine the
cause of our dog's chronic digestive problems, we came across raw
feeding and haven't looked back since: suddenly our chronically sick
animal (and I'm talking problems that extended to two emergency
admissions to the clinic, to spend the night on a drip) was completely
"cured". In retrospect I'm thankful that Geordie couldn't handle
processed food; without the problems, we'd probably be still feeding
supermarket rot and be none the wiser.
Cheers,
Sally

Question on Dog Food bettyjean Dog breeds 59 January 27th 06 10:30 PM
Food question Chris Dog behavior 120 January 30th 04 08:50 PM
Food question Chris Dog behavior 0 January 28th 04 04:17 PM
Food question Chris Dog behavior 0 January 28th 04 04:17 PM
Food question Chris Dog behavior 0 January 28th 04 04:17 PM