great dane problem

Old March 26th 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
midel1

Default great dane problem

We have a 7+ year old Harl. For some reason after just resting she
will jump up and come over to one of us.

I have bi-yearly blood test done and the results are ok.

Does any one have a similar situation?

Thank you.

Old March 26th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Michael A. Ball

On 25 Mar 2007 17:06:50 -0700, "midel1" wrote:

We have a 7+ year old Harl. For some reason after just resting she
will jump up and come over to one of us...

This is how some dogs signal that they want to go outside, but you and
she probably worked that out years ago. Has anything changed in the
household recently? Any new sounds, etc.? Anything that would tend to
make her insecure?

I know her blood work came back "ok", but I wonder if you have noticed
an increase in thirst or hunger.

I don't think this is strictly a Great Dane issue.

Please, consider posting your message on rec.pets.dogs.behavior and/or
alt.med.veterinary.

"...Other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy,
so it's best to try to get along with them." Joe Bay