Animal Rights groups

Old March 30th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

Default Animal Rights groups

Any mention of AR groups immediately raises my hackles. Today there was a
story on the local news where the lead in was "Animal Rights group
blahblahblah" (I was too pissed to hear anything at that point).

As the story went on, though, it turns out that the HSUS is working to make
animal cruelty a felony in Kentucky instead of just a misdemeanor. This,
to me, is a good thing. I can't help thinking HSUS will use it against
animal owners, somehow, at some point in time, but I digress.

The reason for this action is the rise of animal cruelty in this
backassward state (more likely an increase in reporting). This story, in
particular, is getting a lot of attention:
http://santaclara.networkofcare.org/...rticleID=14105

These sick ****s really need to have more than just a slap on the wrist.

--
Lynne
Old March 30th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:08:11 GMT, Lynne
wrote:

http://santaclara.networkofcare.org/...rticleID=14105

sorry, this is the link I meant to post:

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.a...02709&nav=3w6o

--
Lynne
Old March 30th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:08:11 -0500, Lynne
wrote:

Any mention of AR groups immediately raises my hackles. Today there was a
story on the local news where the lead in was "Animal Rights group
blahblahblah" (I was too pissed to hear anything at that point).

As the story went on, though, it turns out that the HSUS is working to make
animal cruelty a felony in Kentucky instead of just a misdemeanor. This,
to me, is a good thing.

Define cruelty.

I can't help thinking HSUS will use it against
animal owners, somehow, at some point in time

You bet.

A lot of people consider the mere use of prong collars, e-collars,
tie-downs, etc. to be forms of "cruelty," too. And a lot of those
same folks would he helping to write the laws.

The reason for this action is the rise of animal cruelty in this
backassward state (more likely an increase in reporting). This story, in
particular, is getting a lot of attention:
http://santaclara.networkofcare.org/...rticleID=14105

These sick ****s really need to have more than just a slap on the wrist.

We had a carbon copy of that case nearby, about three years ago. He
got six months in jail, which was the easy part.

He also got beaten so badly by fellow inmates that he almost died.

Some things just have a way of working themselves out.

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Your United Nations at work!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMEw0lZ3k_Y&eurl=
A Moronocy of Dunces!
http://www.julescrittenden.com/2007/...ocy-of-dunces/
How modern liberals think!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaE98w1KZ-c&eurl=
Gore's Global Warming Religion:
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=19927
Researchers Question Validity Of A 'Global Temperature':
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0315101129.htm
Liberal eco-preeners: Do as we say, not as we do!
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...599714,00.html
Danish scientist: Global warming is a myth.
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Science...-012154-7403r/
Scientists threatened with death for 'climate denial'!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../ngreen211.xml
The Great Global Warming Swindle - the video:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...global+warming
Old March 30th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Lynne wrote:
As the story went on, though, it turns out that the HSUS is working to make
animal cruelty a felony in Kentucky instead of just a misdemeanor. This,
to me, is a good thing. I can't help thinking HSUS will use it against
animal owners, somehow, at some point in time, but I digress.

The problem tends to be an overly broad definition of
"cruelty." And when they try to get more specific, it tends
to only get worse (anti-chaining laws, for example). I'm
basically with you but there's a heck of a devil in the
details.

If you can't say it clearly, you don't understand it yourself -- John Searle